News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

A Drone of Another Mother

Started by Latimeria, January 12, 2017, 03:20:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

PowerVision PowerRay underwater drone

This underwater drone can submerge up to 98 feet (30 meters) and records 4K video streamed to your phone, which you use to navigate. Not impressed? OK, with its add-on Fishfinder sonar it can detect fish up to 131 feet (40 meters) away and and lures them with a blue light. Still not wowed? PowerVision will be offering VR goggles that allow you to robot around by tilting your head.

Preorders start on February 27.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVYti1C5XNo

This looks  right up Chip's Dark Alley!

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

WheresMyBeer

Few things bothered me here.

1. It's tethered.

2. what the hell with the actor and his angler 'acting' skills ... If that dude's using one, I ain't.

spideyjg

The tether is because WIFI transmission dies underwater. Probably a tether to an surface "module" to send signals back and forth. Hell I'd want the tether that thang isn't gonna be cheap.

xjchad

Quote from: WheresMyBeer on January 12, 2017, 03:55:03 PM
2. what the hell with the actor and his angler 'acting' skills ... If that dude's using one, I ain't.

;D Ahahahahahaha!

BackBayMan

I'd be afraid the Taxman would eat it :o
Anybody have an emergency beer?

Latimeria

Quote from: BackBayMan on January 12, 2017, 05:56:22 PM
I'd be afraid the Taxman would eat it :o

It would make for great video though!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.