News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Weekend bait?

Started by Chris, February 08, 2017, 06:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris

I'll probably be venturing out this weekend in search of grinners. Hoping to get a heads up on the bait situation. Any piers had macks lately? Are the perch or croaker showing down south?
Keep it tight

Latimeria

No croaker or perch from what I've heard.  Lots of mack out in open water, but I have not heard what the piers are doing.  Steve would know the Oceanside pier bait reports.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

Pinoyfisher

The most reliable info I have was macks were being caught from Crystal Pier right before the first round of storms hit.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Chris

Thanks guys! Much appreciated!
Keep it tight

Eric H

If you have to, hit up one of the Chinese stores.  They usually hav fresh maks.

LONGCAST JOE

Quote from: Eric H on February 08, 2017, 07:17:22 PM
I'm not sure I'd call them "fresh"... "fit for human consumption" is pushing it I think

Eric H

Quote from: LONGCAST JOE on February 09, 2017, 11:52:07 AM
Quote from: Eric H on February 08, 2017, 07:17:22 PM
I'm not sure I'd call them "fresh"... "fit for human consumption" is pushing it I think

The ones I get are fresh, they bleed a ton.