News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Job Interview

Started by BenCantrell, February 14, 2017, 08:26:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BenCantrell

Had my first phone interview yesterday!  Went really well - they said they'll bring me out in the next 1-2 months for an in-person interview and tour.

http://achatespower.com/

Distance between their office and Ruoxi's office isn't bad either.  We could definitely find somewhere to live with reasonable commutes for both of us.

https://goo.gl/maps/Q89pxJb99CQ2

xjchad

Right on Ben! Congrats!  8)

Latimeria

Congrats Ben!  You know, that's like 2 minutes away from where I work... maybe less.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

WheresMyBeer

Pinoyfisher

Feel free to use me as a reference.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

BenCantrell

Flying out tomorrow, interview is all day Friday.  First I give a one hour presentation about stuff I've done at previous jobs, and then I have 13 half hour individual interviews with upper management and lead engineers (8am to 5pm).  Seems a bit brutal, but maybe it's their way of testing my endurance.  Wish me luck!

This is the first time I'm going to CA and not packing fishing gear.  :o

Latimeria

Good luck Ben!  I'd say break a leg, but Tim's already done that.  ;D

Let us know how it goes.

BenCantrell

I think it went well.  It's an interesting company, that's for sure.  Now I wait to see if they make an offer!

Eric H

You seem like a well educated solid dude to me.

I'm sure you did well 8)

xjchad

Tim524

Hope it works out for you, but I don't wish a broken leg on you  :D

BenCantrell

Quote from: Tim524 on March 26, 2017, 08:20:05 AM

You're too kind!  ;D

Latimeria

Fingers are crossed.  Good luck, Ben!

spideyjg

Quote from: Tim524 on March 26, 2017, 08:20:05 AM

He doesn't need to break a leg. That catfish spine traveling through his leg more than qualifies. Hope it works out Ben.

Jim

BenCantrell

I have some bad news, but it's not the end of the world.  The company I interviewed with wasn't able to secure funding, so they're closing the position.  They said to check back in about three months.  Plan B is to get my boss here at CAT to let me work remotely.  An Illinois salary doesn't go very far in California, but I think it's what I'll do for now.  Aiming for an early summer move out to San Marcos.