News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Bass, Bugs and Backgammon (2/20)

Started by Latimeria, February 21, 2017, 08:11:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

Well, I met Dave and Roger down at the bay yesterday late morning to do a little fishing.  I decided to stop on the way and see if there were any Crab fossils still available to collect before they start building on the land.  It took a while, but sure enough I found a bunch.  I got a pocket load of great specimens in less than an hour before heading down to the bay.

The day before I also met up with them and we jumped around the bay for a bass here and there.  It was pretty damn good bass fishing.  Dave scored two nicer models before calling it quits.

Roger ended up with 6 bass. Unfortunately none bigger than 10", but he also missed quite a few short biters.

I did fairly well and got 8 bass with only one being under 12".

I also got a solid 16" bass.  It's been a long time since I got a spotty in the bay this size and it was almost noon!

We called it when the bite shut down and I watched the old guys battle it out in Backgammon.  Fun day indeed.

Thanks for reading and until next tide!

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Pinoyfisher

Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

xjchad

That crab fossil is rad! And those are some pretty spotties! Great day  8)

WheresMyBeer

I forgot about that fossil spot. Nice going on the full pockets  ;D ;D

Eric H

Nice spotties, so much fun on plastics 8)

Tim524

Nice bass session, and backgammon.......I love double sixes !  8) 8)