News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Sunday Night after the fight

Started by LONGCAST JOE, March 13, 2017, 10:14:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LONGCAST JOE

Had a bad taste in my mouth after losing a 50+ bat in the skinny on Saturday...so headed out Sunday evening on a solo sesh to rid of it somehow. This 90" VC female Sevengill did the trick...on 1/2 a mack, head section....Horrible pics from my emergeny cell, but they're pics. She gave a good fight making 3 strong long runs. I think I'm a tail rope guy now, so much easier when sand-handing it solo, but you do lose that added thrill of dodging snapping jaws.
She hit at about 8 pm in the pitch blackness, just 15 minutes before the full moon rose and lit everything up. Conditions were primo, couple of hours before high tide, low surf, zero wind, no salad, comfortable air temp, water like glass. You can see the 13/0 Circle hook got her in the front center of the lower jaw, which is odd for circles...

xjchad

Nice job Joe! That's the way to get redemption!  8)

sasquatch

Bad pictures. Good fish. Seems pretty good to me.

Latimeria

Awesome Joe!  You killed two birds with one stone.  Caught a great specimen of a 7-gill and averted the wrath of Where's My Beer by having pics!  lol
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Fish Jerk

That's the way to get it done Joe.
Great job on the solo grab. Even though I have a rope, I still find myself tail grabbing more often than not.

vdisney

Stoked for you Joe, that more than makes up for a slow Saturday night   :)
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

WheresMyBeer

Quote from: Latimeria on March 13, 2017, 10:36:18 AM
and averted the wrath of Where's My Beer by having pics!  lol

I still say I caught that one ...

Nice feeesh Joe!!

Fish Jerk

Quote from: WheresMyBeer on March 13, 2017, 04:21:40 PM
Quote from: Latimeria on March 13, 2017, 10:36:18 AM
and averted the wrath of Where's My Beer by having pics!  lol

I still say I caught that one ...

Nice feeesh Joe!!

That's ok Beer, I'm already past both you and Ray now. I think Tom's gonna change your shark count into a microdot the next time he updates the list.

sasquatch

SevengillTheVC

I want a microdot as well Squatch! :D Nice going Joe!

WheresMyBeer

Yikes the angry mob with pitchforks and torches ... I'm good with being removed from the list altogether. Shessh. Sensitive people out there.
Happy hunting ...Hope these sharks keep rolling in!! Some nice ones lately.

Oh and Squatch ... 0-50! Still the best trophy EVER!

Latimeria

I think everyone has just been having fun with this, Dave. You're right though. Only 2 people have the big 0 trophy for 50 trips. Squatch and Roger both share that honor. Lol

LONGCAST JOE

Quote from: Latimeria on March 13, 2017, 08:55:02 PM
I think everyone has just been having fun with this, Dave. You're right though. Only 2 people have the big 0 trophy for 50 trips. Squatch and Roger both share that honor. Lol
0 for 50?? Are you talking 50 hours or 50 seshes? If it's seshes I give Squatch mucho respect for not giving up the sport entirely.I think I'd call it quits after 25-30

WheresMyBeer

Yeah actually props for gutting it out.  ;D ;D

I know Tom I'm always clowning around. My butt is really too big to hurt. I still say I caught that no pic shark though. That puts me up on Ray right?  :P :P :P ;D ;D ;D He don't fish here no more so what's the harm ....  ;D ;D ;D :P :P

Latimeria

Quote from: LONGCAST JOE on March 13, 2017, 09:23:19 PM
Quote from: Latimeria on March 13, 2017, 08:55:02 PM
0 for 50?? Are you talking 50 hours or 50 seshes? If it's seshes I give Squatch mucho respect for not giving up the sport entirely.I think I'd call it quits after 25-30

50 TRIPS without a fish.  That was 5 months for Roger and I think 6 months for Squatch.  I thought Roger was going to be the only person to do it, so you could imagine my surprise when history started repeating itself with another angler.