News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Foggier than sh!t(03-13-17)

Started by Pinoyfisher, March 14, 2017, 01:35:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinoyfisher

No one wanted to play with me, so I went solo. Surf was a nice 1-3', but the fog was extra thick tonight. Was quite spooky not being able to see more than 15' in front of me.

First cast with a mack head. Soaked for 10mins then I get that tell tale 7gill hit. Knocked my rod right off of the sand spike and my reel hits the sand  >:( I quickly pick it up and blow off as much sand as I can and try to catch up with the shark. Gave me a nice run, pulling drag and shaking it's head. Felt bigger than any other 7gill I've managed to catch. It gives me one more solid run and get it into the skinny. A bigger wave comes barreling in and totally rolls the 7 helping it to throw the hook... PHUCK!!! It looked to be at least 80"+ DAMNIT! I head back to my gear, wipe off the sand and rebait. DAMNIT!!

Almost an hour goes by before I get another bite. This one is screaming drag! Totally a soupfin!! It gives me a good tussle. Even had to chase it down the beach a good 20yds just to catch up to it. So fun!! I get her on the sand and go to remove the hook. She's snapping away at me! She's totally pissed! Could barely get a tape on her. 63" of pissed off woman shark. She even threw up her stomach.

Drag her back into the water and toss out another bait. Pics came out awful, Lucky to get what I got considering the fog and lack of sand hand.

Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

sasquatch

Tough to get pics in the fog. Those came out pretty well.

vdisney

Very cool indeed, and yes.............the fog has been a bummer for a few days now 
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

j.rasta

Nice work mike, sh!tty losing your PB 7gill :/ but congrats on a another soup!

xjchad

"Pissed off woman shark" LOL!
Nice solo Mike!

Latimeria

I'm glad I didn't update the shark list last night.  I'll be updating it tomorrow though.

Nice fish Mike!  Climbing the hill!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Tim524

Pissed off women and dense fog is a bad combo ;D  Hope you land the one that got away soon 8)

Latimeria

Quote from: Tim524 on March 14, 2017, 07:08:29 AM
Pissed off women and dense fog is a bad combo ;D  Hope you land the one that got away soon 8)

Rasta told me where he was fishing, so I'm going to catch it later.   :o ;D
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Pinoyfisher

Quote from: Latimeria on March 14, 2017, 07:18:24 AM
Quote from: Tim524 on March 14, 2017, 07:08:29 AM

Rasta told me where he was fishing, so I'm going to catch it later.   :o ;D

Lol!! Easy to find, it's the beach shrouded in fog.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

WheresMyBeer

Dang mike - wtg. I was contemplating going last night but the fog forecast kept me in. Glad you got out!!

Pinoyfisher

Quote from: WheresMyBeer on March 14, 2017, 09:59:16 AM
Dang mike - wtg. I was contemplating going last night but the fog forecast kept me in. Glad you got out!!

Ditto! But seeing all the grinners being caught kept me on track. Gotta stay ahead of Binh!!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

WheresMyBeer

Funny as hell. He going tonight !!

Pinoyfisher

Quote from: WheresMyBeer on March 14, 2017, 12:43:08 PM
Funny as hell. He going tonight !!

He and Joe are hitting the sand. Date night.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Sharkinthedark II

Way to go Mike!  8) Get it while the gettin' is good  8)

1morecast

Joe back out on me. That bitch!  ;D

So, I'm going with Rasta. Going to hit the 7gill hole to find the one that got away from Mike. Don't update the shark list too soon, Tom. I hope to be tied or ahead of Mike by the end of the night.  ;)
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)