News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

The Square Boma

Started by Latimeria, March 22, 2017, 07:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

She has treated me great for 12 years and I've caught a ton of incredible fish on her but it is time to let her go.  I just got the new trailer under her but with the newer boat getting here within a few weeks, I need to clear space.  I have to decide if I want to sell her or take the tax write off and utilize her good parts for the new boat.

It's a sad and yet happy time.

Only a few more hurdles to pass before the new boat is mine.  A licensed surveyor and marine mechanic will check her out and give me the report.

If it is as advertised, I move onto financing it and then take the trip up to the Sactown area and trailer her back. 

I hope it all goes well because she is one sexy beast!

I'll be broke... but happy.   ;D

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

vdisney

What are you looking at Tom?  Just being nosey...............excited for you  ;D
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

Quote from: vdisney on March 23, 2017, 06:33:33 AM
What are you looking at Tom?  Just being nosey...............excited for you  ;D

A lightly used mako.  I'm just waiting for the surveyor's and mechanic's report before I take the loan and go up to get her.

Pinoyfisher

Love it!! Would love to fish on her one day!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Eric H

Quote from: Pinoyfisher on March 23, 2017, 11:36:38 AM
Love it!! Would love to fish on her one day!
Me too , can't wait ;D

WheresMyBeer

Can I dig through the Boma for scraps before you sell or donate her?  ;D ;D ;D

Latimeria

Quote from: WheresMyBeer on March 23, 2017, 11:04:05 PM
Can I dig through the Boma for scraps before you sell or donate her?  ;D ;D ;D

No, because if I donate her, I'm stripping her of the good stuff.  LOL

WheresMyBeer

How will you see over Steve while driving?  :P :P :P

Latimeria

Quote from: WheresMyBeer on March 24, 2017, 11:50:11 AM

Who said I was taking anyone?  :P :P :P

Latimeria

Quote from: Latimeria on March 24, 2017, 11:56:33 AM

Seriously though, I promised my daughter I'd take her out on the boat a lot more as she keeps asking.  She's growing up so fast, so I need to make some new memories with her fishing while I could before "Daddy" gets traded in for boys as she grows up.

Otherwise, it will be my solo decompression chamber in-between fishing with friends. 

sasquatch

Quote from: Latimeria on March 24, 2017, 11:56:33 AM

Don't think I'll be around too much on the weekends. Would like a ride if I'm around though.

Latimeria

SOLD - SOLD - SOLD - SOLD - SOLD - SOLD - SOLD
They are picking up the Boma on tomorrow.  Now I have room for the new ride all depending if the survey goes well or not.

spideyjg

Hope it works out. Did you sell the Boma with the caveat that if they fix the motor they tell what the hell was the problem.

You put godawful hours trying to fix that I would want to know if in your shoes.

The new one have a 4 stroke?

Jim

Latimeria

Quote from: spideyjg on March 27, 2017, 08:57:37 AM
Hope it works out. Did you sell the Boma with the caveat that if they fix the motor they tell what the hell was the problem.

You put godawful hours trying to fix that I would want to know if in your shoes.

The new one have a 4 stroke?

Jim

I disclosed everything.

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/boa/6059526049.html

And yes, the new boat is a 4-stroke with 30 hours on it.

spideyjg

Excellent disclosure.

I would beg the buyer that if they did somehow fix that motor to tell me what was the problem after all that knuckle busting.

Cool the new one will have the 4 stroke so hopefully more mpg you can get out of her.

Jim