News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Getting Closer

Started by Latimeria, March 31, 2017, 08:55:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

Oh man... dealing with a broker sucks, but I'm in the final stretches of finalizing the deal and picking her up.  I found a reputable certified vessel surveyor and marine mechanic to check her out and got the report that the boat was in almost new condition.

I can honestly say, this is the most stoked I have ever been to buy anything except for maybe my 1969 Nova SS with 402 big block back in the day.

I'm in the need to harvest and grocery shop soon!  My freezer is filled with trout and catfish.  That's just not right.

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

Can't wait to see that thing launch.

Might be able to help with that trout and catfish thing.

spideyjg

Looks like it needs some electronics. Did they give you a list of stuff it needs or is it gas and go ready?

Jim

Latimeria

Quote from: spideyjg on March 31, 2017, 10:09:30 AM
Looks like it needs some electronics. Did they give you a list of stuff it needs or is it gas and go ready?

Jim

It's ready out of the gate.  I might upgrade a few things here and there though.  I love that there is not a lot of things on the boat to get caught up in while fishing.

Chris

You'll need a Bimini top with rod holders for albac.... blue fin trolling.
Keep it tight

Latimeria

Quote from: Chris on March 31, 2017, 12:15:16 PM

Bimini tops are the worst to deal with while fishing. Big Mexi hats.

Pinoyfisher

Quote from: Latimeria on March 31, 2017, 12:39:22 PM
Quote from: Chris on March 31, 2017, 12:15:16 PM

Bimini tops are the worst to deal with while fishing. Big Mexi hats.

Agreed! They get in the way.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

WheresMyBeer

Damn, Chris almost said the 'A' word .....  :P :P :P

Eric H

My buddies center console is Very similar, stoked for you.

Latimeria

I'll post up pics of the new ride, but I did a solo run straight up to northern California and back again without stopping. 1,200 hectic miles of crazy truckers and detoured freeways.

skrilla

Need to hit up uncle Bill for some new Rainshadow stickers.  ;D