News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Bassin with Sharkinthedark II (04-03-17)

Started by Pinoyfisher, April 03, 2017, 12:42:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinoyfisher

Jerry and I hit the surf looking for grinners. Both of us had macks. I brought 2 rods to up my chances. The bass were on the chew! Not sure how many Jerry got, but I ended up with 7 and I know I had 3 unbutton in the waves. Missed several bites as I had to decide which rod the get as they were both getting bites. No grinners for us, but it was nice to not get skunked.

I intentionally kept one for dinner, but ended up leaving with 4 total. One was gut hooked. Another was gill hooked. Another kept getting washed back onto the sand. Biggest caught was pushing 21". Conditions were much better than Surfline predicted. Beautiful night and good company.

Dang Jerry, the photos of you came out better than the one of me. On purpose?  ;)
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Latimeria

Stealing all the surf bass I see!  LOL

I think you also lost the bet if you are posting and Jerry isn't.  BTW, the same thing with my pics.  Steve's comes out crystal clear and mine always comes out blurry.  I'm going to start getting real "Squatch" pics of him until I see some better photos!  lol
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Pinoyfisher

Quote from: Latimeria on April 03, 2017, 01:07:59 PM

I think you also lost the bet if you are posting and Jerry isn't.  BTW, the same thing with my pics.  Steve's comes out crystal clear and mine always comes out blurry.  I'm going to start getting real "Squatch" pics of him until I see some better photos!  lol

What bet are you referring to? Jerry decided to have me post the report.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Latimeria

Quote from: Pinoyfisher on April 03, 2017, 01:16:33 PM
Quote from: Latimeria on April 03, 2017, 01:07:59 PM

What bet are you referring to? Jerry decided to have me post the report.

Sorry, just a habit from fishing with Sasquatch for so long.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

That's a bunch of bass.

Sorry I take blurry pics Tom.

WheresMyBeer

Eric H

It would be cool if you caught those on big hammers.

vdisney

Looks good to me guys, sure beats my last 41 hours on the sand (zero)   :-[
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

spideyjg

I picked the wrong night to stay home.  :(

Congrats. Saltwater bass is damn tasty.

Jim

LONGCAST JOE

Quote from: Eric H on April 03, 2017, 03:10:47 PM
It would be cool if you caught those on big hammers.
They make a glow in the dark model that you can charge up with your head lamp for a few seconds before every few casts...

That's some good bassin how ever your gettin it done...I'm jelly

Sharkinthedark II

I only got the two and probably missed on a couple others ...my cameras not so hot on my phone...or I don't get much practice taking pictures because of all the skunks... definitely good company. We will get the sharks next time.

Pinoyfisher

Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Sharkinthedark II

Was it red crab or were they poaching short baby lobsters? Lol!

Tim524

Pinoyfisher

Quote from: Sharkinthedark II on April 04, 2017, 07:54:32 PM
Was it red crab or were they poaching short baby lobsters? Lol!

Definitely little lobsters.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)