News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Dink, Dink, Dink 4/4/17

Started by sasquatch, April 05, 2017, 10:37:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sasquatch

Dink.

That is the sound of me chipping away at Tom's lead.

Met up at the selected fishing area after running some errands. Surf was on the bigger side, not huge, but bigger than I prefer.

Had plenty of time to kill between work and fishing o'clock, so we sat around sipping a beer and watching the beautiful environment we are so lucky to live in.

Finally decided to hit the beach. We had a couple locations to pick from where the waves seemed to back off just a little.

Baited up and did our thing. Not much weeds, sinkers holding, seemed very fishable if not ideal.

Hard to tell the difference between bites and the waves snapping the line out of the water, but I spotted something that looked different, grabbed the rod and felt a wiggle. Set the hook and got an almost or just barely legal calico.

Not much after that. Little bit of weeds here and there.

Then I got a slow bendo. Then another. Looked just like a ball of weeds in the waves. Went to reel up, and it pulled back. Oh yeah. Fish on.

Quick fight and I am rewarded with another chip. Small 64" female seven gill.

Not long after that, Tom gets the best bite of the night. Quick clicker rip, then bent rod. He jumps on it and reels in a pretty nice sand bass, 3-4lbs I guess.

That was it.

I got pics into photobucket, but they won't show up on the computer at work.  Who knows why.

I'll try to put them in when I get home.

To be fair, only my two fish were dinks. Tom's bass was a decent fish.

Pinoyfisher

Nice!! Projected surf height kept me at home, I guess it was fishable after all.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Latimeria

Quote from: Pinoyfisher on April 05, 2017, 11:21:36 AM
Nice!! Projected surf height kept me at home, I guess it was fishable after all.

It was quite fishable even with a few bigger sets coming in.  I like how Steve is making it sound like a carnival boardwalk game "dink, dink, dink...."  When i go back on a run, it will sound more like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9DtzKVB76I
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

Quote from: Latimeria on April 05, 2017, 12:33:47 PM

It was quite fishable even with a few bigger sets coming in.  I like how Steve is making it sound like a carnival boardwalk game "dink, dink, dink...."  When i go back on a run, it will sound more like

Tortoise and hare, tortoise and hare.

j.rasta

Quote from: sasquatch on April 05, 2017, 01:26:24 PM

Your the hairiest tortoise I've ever met  ;D ;D ;D

Congrats squatch!

Pinoyfisher

Quote from: j.rasta on April 05, 2017, 03:00:11 PM
Quote from: sasquatch on April 05, 2017, 01:26:24 PM

Your the hairiest tortoise I've ever met  ;D ;D ;D

Congrats squatch!

Do you often meet hairy tortoises?
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

WheresMyBeer

Tom - no pics  ;D ;D ;D

You won't have to update that list yet ...  :P :P :P :P

Latimeria

Quote from: WheresMyBeer on April 05, 2017, 04:07:35 PM
Tom - no pics  ;D ;D ;D

Good point! :)
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

Tom - no pics  ;D ;D ;D

All right. I'll get to it.

sasquatch

Quote from: Latimeria on April 05, 2017, 04:09:31 PM
Tom - no pics  ;D ;D ;D

Good point! :)

Screw that. They are up now. Plus I texted Dave direct.

Sharkinthedark II

2 slow bends like weeds ballin' up...no drag pull.. Hmmmm seen that before  :P...you guys are back on 'em 8)

Tim524

Dinks are better than skunks :D

xjchad

LOVE the colors on that shark Steve!!  8)

Eric H

Yeah it's a beaut.

That sand bass too, flawless looking fish 8)

WheresMyBeer

Steve, you look ... almost bored .. LOL. Ho hum, another shark ...  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Or more like F@ck I gotta post this for that F@ckin Dave ... the F@cking hallway F@cking monitor ...  :P :P :P :P :P