News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

I guess Binh is right (04-12-17)

Started by Pinoyfisher, April 13, 2017, 12:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinoyfisher

The bats are back.

48" of spunky bat feeding on these...

Mack head was the ultimate temptation for it. Just right after the peak high. Had me thinking 7gill for the way it took the bait. A hard hit that almost knocked my rod off of the spike and my having to wind like crazy to reel in the slack. I guess it was swimming towards me or at the grunion getting freaky at my feet. Nice night. Surfline was wrong with their wave height prediction. Forecasted 3-4', more like 1-2' with an occasional 2.5'  ;) Seeing the grunion was a nice bonus. 
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

xjchad

Nice looking mud marlin Mike!
Cool pic of the grunion too!

1morecast

I told you the bats are back. Now, if they would leave my bait alone so a 7gill or soupie can take it then that would be great. ;)

2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)

Pinoyfisher

Quote from: 1morecast on April 13, 2017, 02:18:04 PM
I told you the bats are back. Now, if they would leave my bait alone so a 7gill or soupie can take it then that would be great. ;)

Yeah, but I don't want them now after having the 53" last week. I got my fill. I needs a grinner!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

LONGCAST JOE

Quote from: xjchad on April 13, 2017, 12:55:31 PM
Nice looking mud marlin Mike!
Cool pic of the grunion too!
Check this out guys..... It makes sense if you think about it, but I had never thought about it or heard it mentioned anywhere before so I sorta got a kick out of it...
I fished last night during the grunion run period around midnight but I didn't cast out my long rods.
I fished my lighter rod throwing one of the new Shimano, LC type, jerk baits in a grunion pattern, in the skinny, suds & first trough. I didn't see any grunion actually come up onto the sand and do their thing but I did end up hooking about a dozen of them, all males. After the first one or two I assumed I was snagging them, but then after about a half dozen times, I noticed every one had been hooked down in the area of his vent and oozing milk. So the horny little bastards were trying to get it on with my lure I realized, wrapping around her like they do , and jizzin all over the place! Hahaha
Joe

1morecast

How do you know your LC grunion was a female?  ???
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)

LONGCAST JOE

Quote from: 1morecast on April 13, 2017, 05:13:15 PM
Well, I guess I am assuming that the males weren't all homo

Pinoyfisher

Quote from: LONGCAST JOE on April 13, 2017, 05:22:56 PM
Quote from: 1morecast on April 13, 2017, 05:13:15 PM
Well, I guess I am assuming that the males weren't all homo

Lol!!!!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

SevengillTheVC

No Homo Joe, but they were homo! LOL! Honestly I don't know the dimorphic difference between grunion. What I do know is, Mike that mud marlin has an awesome pattern!

Tim524

vdisney

Glad they weren't around in March   ;D ;D
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect