News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Maiden Voyage

Started by Latimeria, April 14, 2017, 09:28:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

Well, I was off today to watch my daughter for her final day of spring break.  I told her that she would be the co-pilot on the maiden voyage of the "Curmudgeon".

I found a few kinks that I worked out today, but I am SUPER impressed with her!  I got 4 compliments even before I launched her at the ramp!  Besides that, I thought the 60 Merc was probably going to be undergunned, but couldn't be more wrong!  This boat is well designed and really boogies with the 60!

I only opened her up fully once and she went faster than the Boma ever did by a long shot.  The comfortable cruising speed at the best mpg was at 4500 rpm's at ~27mph.

I let Hannah drive her around and got a big thumbs up from her as well!  ;D

At the ramp...

I got her home and installed the new VHF with internal gps.  Fixed the Sounder.  Mounted the antenna and filled the boat with all the essentials including new anchor set up and other goodies.  I still have a seat to install up front, but that will have to wait a bit.

I had a bad week, and this is what the doctor ordered.  I've already told an annoying neighbor to f@ck Off today and he did, so this was icing on the cake! LOL
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

spideyjg

She handle waves better than the Boma? Is the cruising range going to be off the chart with that 4 stroke?

Looks like a sweet ride. Now get some fish slime on it quick.  ;)

Jim

j.rasta

Welcome to the 4 stroke club (70hp johnson 4stroke on the ranger) mine does over 40 (probably cuz it's only a 16ft 165) and I know how to plane it out x) lemme know when ur ready for a bait run and I'll try not to hook a yellow on the sabiki again!

Pinoyfisher

Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

vdisney

Looking good Tom, stoked for ya.  Does it have a live well?  BTW, still waiting to see picks of the '69 SS   8)
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

sasquatch

Latimeria

Quote from: vdisney on April 15, 2017, 06:06:02 AM
Looking good Tom, stoked for ya.  Does it have a live well?  BTW, still waiting to see picks of the '69 SS   8)

It has a live well, but bummed to find out it is only a re-circulatory live well.  no fresh in-old out.  Oh well, but it will work.

As for the Nova, I'll get them up soon enough and will be worth the wait.  It was a beast! 
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

WheresMyBeer

Nice boat man. Happy you're back in action. Look forward to the reports.

8)