News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

No grinners but lots of grins 4/20/17

Started by xjchad, April 21, 2017, 08:19:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xjchad

3 generations at the VC grinned spot last night couldn't coax a shark to bite.
We did have a lot of fun together though!  ;D  My dad and my oldest son met me at the beach.
The reports had said zero surf but we ended up with 3-4' surf and lots of chopped salad to deal with. The current was flowing down hill pretty strong too, I ends up using an 8 oz. sputnik for the first time. I really like how it loaded the rod and I seemed to get a bit more distance too.
My dad was able to kill the skunk with a nice 39" bat. His first bat ray ever. Logan was stoked to see it too!

sasquatch

LONGCAST JOE

Haha, welcome to my world as of late, fishing for grinners and nothing but bats. I told you the bats had moved in there finally this year. Glad your dad got to feel how they pull.... starting with the 39" model.
But yeah, like I said, how much lead I throw is usually determined by what my rods throw best, not based on the conditions. My main rod loves 7oz of lead so thats what I'll throw on it even if its flat with no current...
I have a feeling your rod might like 7+mack head as well the best too... I'll give you a 7oz to try next time we're on the sand....
JOE

sasquatch

Agree with Joe. Figure out what the rod likes best and use that. Add more if you need to, but no need to subtract.

LONGCAST JOE

Quote from: sasquatch on April 21, 2017, 09:42:38 AM
Agree with Joe. Figure out what the rod likes best and use that. Add more if you need to, but no need to subtract.
Exactly, well said

vdisney

Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

SevengillTheVC

Awww, I was hoping to hit up the spot tomorrow, salad is a bad thing to hear. Anyhow congrats on the family outing, looks like fun!

Latimeria

Great pic!  It looks like the bats seriously tried to avoid the Bat Fight this year!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.