News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

I feel ya Joe 04/22/17

Started by SevengillTheVC, April 23, 2017, 01:15:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SevengillTheVC

Went out with Pat last night to see if the 7s were still home, but didn't have super high expectations because of Chad's weedy report. Got out around 5 and the beach was filled with people. As we waited for them to clear out we were just casting crack off the rocks and to my surprise got into a WFO walleye perch bite, a bunch of chunky pregnant females. I also kept one male to add to the bait pile since we only had 1 1/2 macks. After some people vacated we got our long rods out, salad was not too big of a problem but man the downhill current was ripping. Got the first hook up and my albright connection failed immediately on hookset, I was pretty embarrassed. Cast out again and the bite was slooow, about an hour after casting out I get a hit and know that it was a bat ray, reel him in, nothing very special, except that he had my other rig in his mouth! LOL! I was stoked since we were running low on hooks and weights as well!

Slim pickings for another hour then I got picked up again but this one seems sharky, but with some spirited runs, I thought, I may have my first soupie! Nah just another cookie cutter ray.

No more hits for the rest of the night but there was a ton of life at the spot. Other notable mentions was seeing a whale breach far out off the beach where a bunch of birds were diving, and seeing a B17 and B24 bomber fly over. A great day even with no grinners!

Pinoyfisher

Much better than a skunk + you got the lost rig back!!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

sasquatch

Always nice to get a lost rig back. Top that off with catching the fish that broke you off and that's a darn good night.

vdisney

Quote from: sasquatch on April 23, 2017, 03:58:19 PMAlways nice to get a lost rig back. Top that off with catching the fish that broke you off and that's a darn good night.

That's what I was thinking    :)
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

More bats.  Keep the bats up there and we'll take the sharks down here.  ;)
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

LONGCAST JOE

HaHaHa....that's what I've been saying, now you get it.
What I have also learned from a couple of experiences in the past month is that bats are not easily spooked off, even if hooked up & broken off, they will come back for a missed or a new bait within a few minutes.
JOE 

LONGCAST JOE

Quote from: SevengillTheVC on April 23, 2017, 01:15:36 PM
As we waited for them to clear out we were just casting crack off the rocks and to my surprise got into a WFO walleye perch bite, a bunch of chunky pregnant females.

VERNE! You must have missed this part of the report. He said WFO Walleye!... Go get that monkey off your back  :D ;D
JOE

xjchad

Dang bat rays are scaring off all our sharks!  ;D
Glad you got some good bendo's Adam! 
PS- Looks a little too close for comfort in the second pic, watch our for the pointy end ( you should know  ;) )

Latimeria

My plan to send the bats up north is working!  :o ;D
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

SevengillTheVC

At least send some Diamonds and Butterflies up here too then!  ;D And yes Chad I don't wanna get stuck again but I feel when I mouth them I have more control than when I vent them.

xjchad

Got it!
I'll have to try mouthing my next one. Always seems so awkward grabbing the vents, especially with a heavy one.