News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Chicken Pen

Started by Latimeria, April 30, 2017, 09:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

Well, I didn't want a dog and my wife and daughter were cool with chickens so I thought it would be easy.

It is actually pretty easy unless when your wife wants all these special things for the chickens... like a chicken swing and a chicken pen. 
I tried to put them to work, but it actually was twice the work for me as they are not very good at general handy man duties.  In any case, my wife has been having a rough time at work so I just dealt with the situation and made things happen.

I still have some work to do tomorrow, but things are coming along.

All I had them do was to stain the wood.  I had to go back and re-stain everything as it was shotty work.  LOL

The start of the "staining project".

I re-stained everything afterwards.

Here is the chicken swing.  My wife bought this damn thing like we had a walk in chicken coop.  We don't and I had to actually build a swing set up to hold it.   :(

Anyway, it was a busy day and I didn't get to work on the boat like I hoped.  The one thing I could say though is... Happy Wife, Happy Life.  Good thing the season is just really starting.

Thanks for reading.

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

BenCantrell

LOL.  Keep us updated.  ;D

Eric H

Chickens over a dog??

Come on Tom.....  ;D :P

WheresMyBeer

wish i had chickens  :-[

Pinoyfisher

Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Eric H

Not knocking the chicken thing , but it really is beyond me why anyone would want one as a pet?

sasquatch

Quote from: Eric H on May 01, 2017, 02:56:52 PM
Not knocking the chicken thing , but it really is beyond me why anyone would want one as a pet?

If you get tired of taking care of it, you can kill it and eat it, and no one will bat an eye. A dog, not so much.

Eric H

A while back my brothers dog got under the fence and ate the neighbors chickens lol

Pinoyfisher

Less pet, more a provider of eggs. Fresh eggs are delicious!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

WheresMyBeer

Quote from: sasquatch on May 01, 2017, 04:14:03 PM

If you get tired of taking care of it, you can kill it and eat it, and no one will bat an eye. A dog, not so much.

That's the best post response EVER!! ...

:P :P :P ;D ;D ;D ;D

Latimeria

Quote from: WheresMyBeer on May 01, 2017, 10:26:01 PM
Quote from: sasquatch on May 01, 2017, 04:14:03 PM

That's the best post response EVER!! ...

:P :P :P ;D ;D ;D ;D

Are you talk'in to ME!?!? Say hello to my little friend! <insert gun fire here>

lol

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Tim524

Get a rooster, your neighbors will love you  ;D