News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Grass and Bass Beach (5/17)

Started by Latimeria, May 17, 2017, 06:01:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

Surf height was very good with diminishing winds. Bumped into Boz as we were making our way to the beach and got some good San Diego beach intel from up and down the coast.

Finally got the lines in and Grass - Grass - Grass.....

With an occasional Bass

More Grass...

Then a big fatty Bass!

Bass were lucky and released after a pic or two.

We called it early because the eel grass was terrible and only getting worse.  Steve wore the stripe and basically checked out early but went through the motions of fishing since he was done with the weeds after his first cast.  lol

Thanks for reading and until next tide!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

vdisney

Nice checker Tom, by the way you're holding it I'd say at least 30"   ;D ;D
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Pinoyfisher

This was Monday for me minus the bass. Sucks when the tides and waves are good, but the weeds are horrendous. The weeds just nullify all the good.  >:(
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

xjchad

Nice calico!  At least you have something to bring in when the sharks aren't biting  :D

sasquatch

Honestly, I never really checked in last night. Going through the motions was pretty much it.

Pinoyfisher

Quote from: sasquatch on May 17, 2017, 11:17:25 AM
Honestly, I never really checked in last night. Going through the motions was pretty much it.

That's when I wish I stayed home.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

sasquatch

Quote from: Pinoyfisher on May 17, 2017, 11:18:22 AM

That's when I wish I stayed home.

Not me. It was my wife's 50th birthday.

Arynews

Great catch Tom.

scotmaria

1morecast

Quote from: scotmaria on June 22, 2018, 01:29:00 AM

We have a tweaker alert here moderators.  :o
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)

Pinoyfisher

Quote from: 1morecast on June 22, 2018, 09:41:56 AM
Quote from: scotmaria on June 22, 2018, 01:29:00 AM

We have a tweaker alert here moderators.  :o

Hahahahaha!!!!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)