News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Low Profile Reel Cleaning

Started by Latimeria, December 10, 2014, 07:05:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

WheresMyBeer

These always help. Thanks for posting.

I need to get into my Torium 20. That reel needs some TLC. Been sitting backseat to the 16 this last season :-)

Latimeria

Quote from: WheresMyBeer on February 03, 2015, 07:03:24 AM
These always help. Thanks for posting.

I need to get into my Torium 20. That reel needs some TLC. Been sitting backseat to the 16 this last season :-)

I have about 8 reels that need servicing, but the season just keeps on going.  When I'm finally down to an injury, I still have not brought them in... ugh
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Eric H

My saltist bg40h just went in today. It took a nasty spill into the sand yesterday. It was way over due for servicing anyway.

Jaws

I love working on my reels, especially the Saltists ( all 8 of them  ::) ) LOL They are the easiest to work on by far! Still haven't gotten around to the Torium though.... Alan Tani's sight is awesome for the how to's.
It's all Tom and Don's fault! They "hooked" me on mud marlins and sharks!

SNBF VI  Winner

WheresMyBeer

Just went through my Torium 16 over the weekend. Hadn't touched it all last year and there was a ton of pressure on that thing. YT YFT Bats Sharks etc ...

Actually find it pretty relaxing. Maybe its my ADD ... something to really focus on ...

Re-did the drag washers, greased, oiled ... Smooth as glass now.  :D :D

Also dug into Paul sandy 20. Don't think that reel has ever been opened LOL ...