News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

New Spot Recon 6/1/17

Started by xjchad, June 02, 2017, 09:04:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xjchad

Well the new spot didn't kick out any grinners like I hoped it would  :(
But there were signs of life so that is good.  Lots of kelp and salad in close, but only fouled the long rods a few times.
We saw a few pods of dolphins, a seal, and a few diving pelicans.  There are some big kelp bed a couple hundred yards out.
We fished 4 rods with macs on all of them.  My dad had two knock downs early that didn't connect and I hooked a -1 and a bat that I fought for 15 minutes or so before doing a hands free release in the skinny.  It was probably mid 40's range.
Nice spot though, only saw 3 other people and no parking restrictions.

Latimeria

Quote from: xjchad on June 02, 2017, 09:04:46 AM
only saw 3 other people and no parking restrictions.

That's good news!

I'd still hit that place up more as I think it sounds like a hidden gem.  It's always good getting out and putting some time in on some new beach.  It gives you more opportunities when needed. 
Nice Chad!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

Sounds like a good spot. I would give it some more time. Different tides especially. Sounds like it is worth the investment. If you check the usual spot and it is weeded out, you have another option for sure.