News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

The not so epic return.

Started by SevengillTheVC, December 19, 2014, 07:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SevengillTheVC

So with the leg feeling much better, but the hole still healing, I decided to waterproof bandage it and see what the surf looked like after all this high surf activity. First spot was in Carpinteria and was a total bust, just lots of debris and kelp. Then we moved to our sevengill spot but didn't wade out much and was not really putting in the time for them. Very slow, with just one spiny molecrab to show for it. Cast out some squid on my light rod while we're packing up and just ghost set it before I reeled it in and was greeted by a small thornback. Better than a skunk. Look forward to going after the general quarry after this weather and surf dies a bit. Looks like you all down there are getting some decent bat action!

MASSfisher

At least you were able to get back out there. Glad your leg is healing up.

raychavez91

It's nice seeing you at again man, hopefully run into you on the sand

sasquatch

Glad your leg is doing well.

On the other hand, some of us count thornbacks as negative one. That makes them technically worse than a skunk.

SevengillTheVC

Lol anything that is not kelp or spiny molecrab is a non-skunk in my book. Even though it may feel like kelp, it is in fact a thornback, a fish, technically no skunk :D!

Pinoyfisher

Sounds like a bunch of my posts! Time on the sand...
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)