News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Summertime Blues (07-20-17)

Started by Pinoyfisher, July 21, 2017, 02:51:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinoyfisher

First night that I could finally get out and fish. Binh and I hit a different locale. We brought along some light rods since we were convinced the long rods would go untouched. Mussels, macks, squid, and shrimp were all brought along to illicit a bite.

Was met with a crazy uphill current. One of the strongest I've dealt with in a long while. Lots of kelp in the water too. High hopes fizzled quickly. Not a single bite for me, but I did get limits of salad. Binh beat the skunk with a medium sized shovel.

Summer sucks for long rodding.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

lightline21

Man, I thought the grass had went away. Nice shovelnose Binh.

Pinoyfisher

Quote from: lightline21 on July 21, 2017, 04:55:40 PM

The warm water will keep the loose kelp around for a bit unfortunately. I'll keep at it hoping it improves. Just text me and I'll let you know how things are going.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Eric H

"summer sucks for long rodding "

Jump on a local boat 8)

Pinoyfisher

Quote from: Eric H on July 21, 2017, 05:41:58 PM
"summer sucks for long rodding "

Jump on a local boat 8)

Long ridding is free, for the most part.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Latimeria

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

xjchad

vdisney

Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

lightline21

Quote from: Pinoyfisher on July 21, 2017, 05:01:05 PM

The warm water will keep the loose kelp around for a bit unfortunately. I'll keep at it hoping it improves. Just text me and I'll let you know how things are going.

Thanks for the info, I'll hit you up in a couple of days. Thinking about heading that way Thursday night.

Pinoyfisher

Quote from: lightline21 on July 24, 2017, 09:53:11 AM
Quote from: Pinoyfisher on July 21, 2017, 05:01:05 PM

Thanks for the info, I'll hit you up in a couple of days. Thinking about heading that way Thursday night.

Come on down, we'll get you on a shovel as that's the only thing biting  ::)
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Pinoyfisher

Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)