News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

2 Legal Halibut And WSB And Sheep 2 Day AM Report 8/12-8/13

Started by HalibutJoel99, August 15, 2017, 05:57:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HalibutJoel99

Went through a little dry spell with fishing, while that water stayed warm. Happens every year to me at the same time! Saturday that all changed.

8/12 Saturday

Arrived to small surf and barely any wind. Noticeably chilly water. That's what I was waiting for. Fishing the Lucky Craft Surf Pointer 115 Sexy Smelt.
Action picked up pretty quick as on the first cast I got a nice surprise. A White Sea Bass stopped by.

Then The Halibut stopped by. Got this shortie first. The conditions all lined up so well that morning. Bait fish around, birds flying nearby.

Then I got my first legal that measured out at 22.5 inches. Fun battle in the surf.

Every cast was getting hit, got a few small Calico Bass too. Then I retied and went back out and picked a spot that looked decent. A couple reels in my lure stops and I paused and waited. Felt that tug ever so softly at first. Then set the hook and it was battle time. This legal was 25.5 inches and gave 3 nice drag runs before I was able to beach her. So much fun!
And the colors on this fish was spectacular!

25.5" Halibut

8/13 Sunday

Today I met up with my buddy Jerry. Conditions were the same except there was more people around earlier. He had the catch of the day for sure about 5 casts in. And something I have never seen from the surf. Especially on the Lucky Craft Flash Minnow 110.
As I was reeling in this small Calico Bass, I walked in some. I turn around and Jerry has this big smile on his face. Joel! Its a Sheephead! I couldn't believe it! So happy for ya Jerry! 17 inch Female Sheephead and safely released.

I had a decent day myself with 3 Short Halibut and about 5 Calico Bass.

A great couple of days fishing and awesome to see that Sheephead get landed as well! Thats a great catch Jerry! Congrats once again!

Hope this is a sign of good things to come.

Thanks for reading and good luck out there! Until Next tide!

Joel

8)

xjchad

Wow! Nice goat Jerry!
Joel, you continue to amaze me with your consistent ability to find quality fish!
Nice work!

sasquatch

Guess I'm bringing the wrong gear at the wrong time.

Always some nice fish from you guys. That sheepshead is quite a surprise.

vdisney

Once again Joel, your abilities amaze me. Then add a goat to mix, absolutely awesome
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

Man, you have dedication to your craft and it shows.  Well done and nice goat on the plug!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

1morecast

Every time I tell myself to throw the hard bait, I give into the pressure of immediate gratification of using SC.  :-[
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)