News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

critter fishing report - nothing from Mission Bay

Started by BenCantrell, August 20, 2017, 09:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BenCantrell

Spent about 5 hours on Mission Bay, tried a few different spots.  Got 2 spotted bass, 1 barred sand bass, and 1 kelp bass.  All were pretty dinky.  Saw a few croaker-ish looking fish cruising in the shallows, but wasn't able to catch one to see what they were.

I think I need better bait.  Would love to learn how to pump for ghost shrimp.

Latimeria

Nice!

Buy a pump and I'll show you.  My pumps are pretty shot and barely work anymore.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Pinoyfisher

You can borrow my pump. Also, hit up the jetties (S Mission and Hopirality Pt) for a larger variety of fish.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Latimeria

Buy a pump, that way you'll always have it.  Especially for all the critter fishing you'll be doing.  I think a shrimp pump costs about $25 at Squidco.

Latimeria

BenCantrell

That Alvey stainless steel one is sold out everywhere. Must be popular!

If you guys want to go out, give me a holler.  I can do weekends any time and weekday evenings (but not super late because I get up at 5:30).

Latimeria

Quote from: BenCantrell on August 21, 2017, 11:17:22 AM

If you guys want to go out, give me a holler.  I can do weekends any time and weekday evenings (but not super late because I get up at 5:30).
I get up at 4:10!  LOL

1morecast

Ben, you should fish with Tom and Steve on Tuesday nights. Mike and I are probably going to fish too this week so you can hit up Mike or me. The Shark fishing has been slow so we've been exploring different critter locations lately.
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)

sasquatch

Quote from: Latimeria on August 21, 2017, 11:44:34 AM

4:10? Slacker. 4 sharp for me. Except Wednesday.

BenCantrell

I ask this in all seriousness, do you guys have a nap routine?

Latimeria

Quote from: sasquatch on August 21, 2017, 05:44:27 PM
Quote from: Latimeria on August 21, 2017, 11:44:34 AM

4:10? Slacker. 4 sharp for me. Except Wednesday.

I set my alarm for 4, but hit the 5 minute snooze button twice before falling out of bed.  ;D

Latimeria

Quote from: BenCantrell on August 22, 2017, 05:59:04 AM

Not old enough to nap yet.  I'm usually so wiped out that if I close my eyes, I'll sleep for 24 hours.  Tuesday Night fishing in the summer is the worst as you start fishing at 9!  The winter time surf fishing brings out the 9pm "Time to go home" alarm.

sasquatch

Quote from: Latimeria on August 22, 2017, 07:39:31 AM

Not old enough to nap yet.  I'm usually so wiped out that if I close my eyes, I'll sleep for 24 hours.  Tuesday Night fishing in the summer is the worst as you start fishing at 9!  The winter time surf fishing brings out the 9pm "Time to go home" alarm.

I'm old enough. Thursday night is usually catch up night.

Pinoyfisher

Time to go home alarm? What's that?!!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Latimeria

Quote from: Pinoyfisher on August 22, 2017, 12:37:47 PM

Time to go home alarm? What's that?!!

Steve's Phone.