News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Fishing at Mike's Scratching Spot (8/29)

Started by Latimeria, August 30, 2017, 06:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

Not very good tides this week for evening fishing, but we made the call to where Mike has been doing his share of "Scratching".  :o ;D

Tide was falling fast.  Surfers in the water until after dark.  Not looking too good, but hopeful.

We get a few critter bites before Squatch strikes first with the typical Leopard hit and fight.  Not too bad of a fish, but it was caught in the pectoral, so it fought much better than what it would have with the hook in the mouth.

10 minutes later and I get a decent bite.  I thought it was going to be a big bass, but only turned out to be a leopard shark half the size of the first one.

Tide started bottoming out and the critter bites were just chewing the corners of our baits.  It was a perfect night, but only if the tide was coming in.

Both got fish (no -1 fish)... so a good night.

Thanks for reading.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Pinoyfisher

Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

BenCantrell

Latimeria

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

Missed a bite I should have had. Called it a bat ray so it wouldn't bum me out.

vdisney

Nice leo, gonna pick up the long rod this weekend   8)
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect