News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Computer Tips?

Started by Latimeria, September 02, 2017, 07:10:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

To make a long story short, my computer turns on as normal, but when I log in, the screen is black. I could see the mouse pointer moving around but there is nothing else.  I can cntrl/alt/delete to get the pop up for the task manager, but when I click on task manager, it disappears and does nothing.
Any gurus out there that might have an idea on how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

xjchad

I'm no good with computers, but that don't sound good.  Sorry to hear that Tom!

sasquatch

Ken. Inland fish killer should be able to help.

WheresMyBeer

Get it professionally looked at. Sounds like black / blue screen of death.

Eric H

BackBayMan

Usually if it's toast, you won't see sh!t other than the screen of death. Especially task manager...

Can you start in safe mode and do a system restore?

Do you have a recovery disc?

Can you get to the BIOS screen?
Anybody have an emergency beer?

Latimeria

Quote from: BackBayMan on September 08, 2017, 11:23:17 AM
Usually if it's toast, you won't see sh!t other than the screen of death. Especially task manager...

Can you start in safe mode and do a system restore?

Do you have a recovery disc?

Can you get to the BIOS screen?

I can't get it in safe mode.  The recovery disk for some reason only has one point from last week.  I currently have one of the IT guys at work looking into it.  He's pretty sure it's the video drive, but has been stumped this morning because nothing is seeming to work.  Hopefully he figures it out before I leave today.

Latimeria

I cost me 4 bags of fish, but the IT guy got my computer all cleaned up and ready to roll!  I'm back in action!

xjchad

sasquatch

Quote from: Latimeria on September 15, 2017, 06:43:49 AM
I cost me 4 bags of fish, but the IT guy got my computer all cleaned up and ready to roll!  I'm back in action!

Cheap. I'll help you restock if you want.