News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Saddleback Ridge (9/19)

Started by Latimeria, September 21, 2017, 06:12:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

Went down on Tuesday Night to find some decent conditions.  Little wind, salad and small waves.

Soon as the kooks cleared out from bobbing on ankle slappers, Steve and I got to work with the long rods.  Steve happened to be right in the hole and I was just on the outskirts apparently.

We got some real bites on some good fish, but all of them happened to be Leopard Sharks.  At least they were all legit 5' leopard sharks!

Squatch with #1

Me with #2

Squatch with #3

Squatch with #4

I missed a good bite, then Steve wound up with Shark #5 and the last one of the evening before we packed it in.

We got up to the trucks and my battery was dead.  If it's not my tires, it's my battery I guess at this spot.  LOL

Thanks for reading and today is the last day of the Summer Shark Contest!

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

xjchad

Nice going on all those Leos guys!
We gave it a solid effort last night to no avail.  Not even a -1 around.

BackBayMan

Those are all legit. You guys slayed 'em 8)

Great to see Squatch out fish your ass 4-1 too ;D
Anybody have an emergency beer?

xjchad

Is Saddleback Ridge somewhere near Brokeback Mountain?

Latimeria

Quote from: xjchad on September 21, 2017, 08:11:42 AM

Nope.  Brokeback Mountain is in LA.  Saddleback Ridge is the complete opposite of that.  LOL
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

Quote from: BackBayMan on September 21, 2017, 08:07:18 AM
Those are all legit. You guys slayed 'em 8)

Great to see Squatch out fish your ass 4-1 too ;D

If only they weren't all practice sharks.

BenCantrell

Those are bigger than the one I caught!

Pinoyfisher

Quote from: Latimeria on September 21, 2017, 08:31:29 AM
Quote from: xjchad on September 21, 2017, 08:11:42 AM

Nope.  Brokeback Mountain is in LA.  Saddleback Ridge is the complete opposite of that.  LOL

I thought Brokeback was Chip's backyard! Lol!! I saw you guys fishing, decided to try a different beach.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

vdisney

Going on two years since I've caught a leo, dusting the gear off and going tomorrow evening............
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

BackBayMan

QuoteI thought Brokeback was Chip's backyard! Lol!! I saw you guys fishing, decided to try a different beach.

Uh, San Diego is the only one with a nude beach ;D
Anybody have an emergency beer?

xjchad

Quote from: vdisney on September 22, 2017, 06:51:38 AM
Going on two years since I've caught a leo, dusting the gear off and going tomorrow evening............

Looking forward to your report Verne!