News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Colors (9/24)

Started by Latimeria, September 26, 2017, 08:31:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

Did a quick run looking for yellows.  Caught plenty of mackerel for bait and it was a little bumpy with the west wind, so I stayed close looking for Halibut instead.

I got a 2# Brown on a 12" Spanish Mack!

I them had something rip the body off my mackerel, but on a quick next drop, I got him!  I thought it was a nice butt at first, but turned out to be a bright blue ling!  12#

I was drifting near a reef, so it was not what I was expecting, but I guess it was not at all too off the board.  I get slammed again, but lost my mackerel.  This happened a few times before I hooked it with a 10/0 circle hook and 80# leader.  It fought like a yellow, but seemed much stronger.  I fought him for 5 minutes, well beyond any structure from drifting him away when I feel the line slacken up with a pop! 

I'm fairly certain it was a Soupfin Shark now as this was the same reef this happened to me before.

Well, the wind kicked up to 20 knots and I got the hell off the water.  Not a bad day looking for the colored fish.  Yellow, brown, blue... it doesn't matter.  lol

Thanks for reading and until next tide!

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

xjchad

Those blue lings are beautiful fish!

vdisney

You eat much better than we do Tom, I'm more than a little jealous   :)
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

Quote from: vdisney on September 28, 2017, 03:39:22 AM
You eat much better than we do Tom, I'm more than a little jealous   :)

Thanks Verne.  Cooking some more up tonight.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.