News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Early Bait Gets the Fish 9/26/17

Started by sasquatch, September 27, 2017, 11:57:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sasquatch

Text war, back and forth on where to fish. Decision made, but still time to kill. What better way than to have a couple drinks at the old watering hole.

I got there first, then Tom, then our favorite server. Just to say hi, though. Maybe comp a round. Maybe not. Lost track, but the bill was friendly.

Sun hit the horizon, we hit the beach.

One of us got a bait in the water right away. The other got snaked trying to upgrade their parking spot.

Guess which one got bit.

Nice bite, good run, ID was tough due to kelp on the line. Fish fought awhile then things just came to a stalemate.

Finally got a little movement and started to make progress. Just dead weight at this point.

When all was said and done, there was a 70" soupie in the beach with 40 feet of heavy kelp.

The snorkel crew was impressed with the handling, and slightly concerned they had been swimming right there moments before.

No pics yet, I'll put them up later. Unless I have too many at Wednesday porch drinking.

BenCantrell

I think my worst nightmare is to hook a nice fish and then have 100 lbs of kelp prevent me from bringing it in.

sasquatch

Quote from: BenCantrell on September 27, 2017, 12:15:04 PM
I think my worst nightmare is to hook a nice fish and then have 100 lbs of kelp prevent me from bringing it in.

Just keep pulling. Once the fish was stuck in the kelp, the fight was over, just a matter of hauling it all in. Thankfully the surf was small.

xjchad

vdisney

Add another to the count Steve, looking forward to the pictures.  Verne
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

1morecast

2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)

Latimeria

Quote from: vdisney on September 27, 2017, 04:38:00 PM

I sent him the picture, but I'm waiting for him to post. 
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Latimeria

Latimeria

Nice shark, Steve.  I almost had mine, but the fugger popped off.  Time to take the expensive hook off and put a cheap China hook on there now.

sasquatch

Quote from: Latimeria on September 28, 2017, 06:00:57 AM
Quote from: vdisney on September 27, 2017, 04:38:00 PM

I sent him the picture, but I'm waiting for him to post.

Still getting the hang of the new system. Rum and cokes didn't help the learning curve any.

sasquatch

Quote from: Latimeria on September 28, 2017, 06:02:23 AM
Nice shark, Steve.  I almost had mine, but the fugger popped off.  Time to take the expensive hook off and put a cheap China hook on there now.

Nothing like cheap and effective for hooks. 12/0 or 14/0 would be nice though sometimes.

BenCantrell

Pinoyfisher

Communist hooks are the best for the grinners! I miss the tug of a grinner.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

j.rasta

Nice work Squatch! Looks like a phatty!