News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

One Confirmed Point (10/10)

Started by Latimeria, October 11, 2017, 07:42:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

So last night we did our usual Tuesday Night thing.  Kelp was an issue as well as a very low tide, so we hit the Kitchen as it seemed to give us some options.

Josh was first on the board with a sub-legal Calico.  (+1)

Steve decides he doesn't like us so takes a walk down the beach and disappears like a Squatch in the bush.

I finally get bit and it turns out to be a Thornback (-1).  I tried to throw it back before Josh ran down to ID it, but he just got a glimpse of what I was calling a +1 fish.

Steve apparently caught a 4' Leopard Shark, but Josh called BS on him.  He was 150 yards down the beach, so i don't know what he really caught.

I finally get picked up by something bigger than a bread basket...  a decent surf tractor... well fair sized would be more appropriate, but +1!  Now at 0 points.

Then the Kelp Monsters started rolling in.  I'm talking those 300-500 pound suckers that take 20 minutes just to get to shore.  In the first batch I caught, there was a Round Ray inside for a whopping 0 points to bring my 3 fish total to ZERO!  lol

I got one more massive kelp ball and called it the night.  Steve was getting kelp also so he packed it in.

We somehow managed to catch up to Tinkerbell and Rasta who left 15 minutes earlier.  They had enough gear on the beach to be considered "Camping".  ;D

Anyways, it was a good night, but watch the salad! It sounds like salad is a major problem right now, but hopefully it get swept out with the smaller surf here soon.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

Made a move to avoid kelp, and enjoy some peace and quiet. Can only listen to "Dude, I got soooo high" so many times before I turn into a ghost.

Call bullsh!t anytime, don't need another picture of a 4 foot leopard.

xjchad

Quote from: sasquatch on October 11, 2017, 11:03:16 AM
Made a move to avoid kelp, and enjoy some peace and quiet. Can only listen to "Dude, I got soooo high" so many times before I turn into a ghost.

;D ;D

Nice Shovel Tom!

BenCantrell

Pinoyfisher

Hahahaha!!!!!!!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

vdisney

I need a picture of one, haven't caught a legit leo in 21 months   :-[
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

BackBayMan

Tom, that tractor is so big it's a Combine ;D

Squatch, I'll give you 4' leos ;D

Verne, you gave Andre the spot, grab your long rod and get on the beach ;D

Kelp Monsters suck balls >:(
Anybody have an emergency beer?

Msimpauco

Sweeeet Shovel! I have yet to catch one. Maybe I should try soaking bait