News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Silver in the Salt (10/29)

Started by Latimeria, October 29, 2017, 11:27:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

I didn't think I'd have a chance to fish this weekend.  Actually, I've been going nuts to get out but have very little time lately to do so.
I had a really small window to fish this morning and jumped on it. 3 hours.. 30 minutes to get to the bay and 30 minutes back leaves a two hour window to actually fish. 
I threw the spook for an hour looking for a corvina.  I think I got one earlier in the year, but can't remember so it was a bummer of a silver season to say the least.

One hour of walking the dog for nothing.  Not even a follow.  I saw plenty of mullet, but no real signs of fish.

I switched up to a chartreuse swimmy and hoping to get a bass to get the skunk off.  Whew!  I scored a 9-10" spotty for the skunk buster.  Not long after and I get another, but it was only more like 7".

I was working my way back to the truck when my lure just stopped and sat there... followed by a screaming run!  Well Damn!  Hoisted this 21.75" silver up onto the ice plant.

I called it quits and ended on a good note.  Got back in time to watch my daughter so my wife could head out for a while.

It was a successful morning at the salt flats! Thanks for reading!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

1morecast

Glad to hear that you can get the vines on swimmies as well as the top water lures. I need to target some vines this fall.
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)

BenCantrell

Damn!  Nice fish Tom!

I've done a couple of 3 hr sessions with no luck so far.  They usually go like: 1 hr working a spook hoping for a corvina, 1 hr throwing a LC 110 hoping for anything predatory, and then 1 hr throwing a swimbait hoping for a dinky bass to avoid the skunk.  Last time I was out I picked up a mackerel on the swimbait, haha.

vdisney

Outstanding Tom, I've never seen a corvina in person.  Side note.........good to see someone else likes the handle on the "correct" side of a baitcaster   ;)
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

xjchad

Nice one Tom, I'd love to catch one of those someday!

Msimpauco

Nice one! I've exhausted all attempts trying to catch a corvina haha. It just seems impossible for me

Latimeria

Quote from: Msimpauco on October 30, 2017, 01:30:05 PM
Nice one! I've exhausted all attempts trying to catch a corvina haha. It just seems impossible for me

They are frustrating to fish for at times, but it is very rewarding when you get them!  Especially on the top-water baits!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.