News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

WTF are making these holes!!!!!

Started by Latimeria, November 11, 2017, 07:59:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

I have a chicken coup in the back yard and these little holes keep appearing every morning.  They are NOT Mouse holes unless they are micro mice!!!  I've seen the mouse holes and know what they are.

Help   Help    Help   Help    Help     Help      Help     Help      Help     Help      Help        Help       Help   
I'm thinking some sort of grub or burrowing bee?  I'm going to dig them up later as it is killing me trying to find out, but here is a larger one.  Most look like pencil holes stuck in the ground.  Any ideas before I dig up my yard looking for the culprit? 

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

xjchad

Those creatures from the bay followed you home...

Socal Bill

A quick search online had some interesting tips to help figure it out- pouring flour in the holes and checking for foot prints etc

Pinoyfisher

Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Eric H

Shove the garden hose in there and flush it out

BackBayMan

Anybody have an emergency beer?

Latimeria

Well holy hell!  I couldn't take it anymore and dug up the holes to see what lived in them.  Yuck!!!!!! 

sasquatch

xjchad

Latimeria

I was thinking they were grubs since the holes were so cylindrical and there was no foot prints in the dirt.

I dug those suckers up!

Tons of these nasty things!  The chickens had a field day digging them up with me and tearing into them like little Tyrannosaurs!  All the damn grubs were as thick as your finger!

Last night I also got the mice that found the chicken feed.  Good old snap traps did that trick!

BackBayMan

See, I told you. Those aren't grubs, they're demodog larvae from the Upside Down ;D
Anybody have an emergency beer?

WheresMyBeer

Dude ... that's bait to catch bait ...

Pinoyfisher

I get grubs too, but not of that size!!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Eric H

I thought maybe the chickens got out.