News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Starting the New Year Off Right! 1-1-15

Started by Latimeria, January 01, 2015, 04:28:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

This is my first mobile post so I hope it works. It's a pain to figure out but i think i got it.

I met Steve at the surf to look for a first fish of the year. We were hoping for a morning grinner. It was friggand cold on this new years morning! My fingers were numb almost the entire time the sun was hidden.

Steve gets the first hit of the season and loses his mackerel head to what could have been the first of the year. I followed with a farmed big bite of my own. 
The sun was rising and the tide was dropping. The only constant was the steady influx of whales cruising by.

Steve an I farmed another each before i finally stuck the pig in his lower jaw.

It was all down hill from here. We made a move to a weedier area even though we were hopeful it would pan out.

It didn't, but i had to call it. Steve ended 2014 with a bang and i started 2015 on a high note. Hopefully you all got out fishing today!

Happy New Year!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

Going to have to give it a shot tomorrow. Maybe try for s halibut.

j.rasta

Nice work guys looks like very manageable conditions. Idk wuts up with the farmin lately,  guess the fish gotta eat to get fat ;) hopefully y'all connect with the target species tomorrow B) good luck and happy new years guys!

WheresMyBeer

Damn that does look crispy cold.

Happy 2015!

SevengillTheVC

What a way would that have been to kick off '15, a big fat grinner. I'd take a piggy calico for my first though! Gonna give a nighttime run for some of our leatherskins this week. Hopefully we can all manage some good tasmanian tiger sharks this year!

1morecast

The surf conditions looked nice..Too bad about the salad. Can't wait to hook up my first for the new year! See you on the sand.
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)

cphwt

Latimeria

Quote from: cphwt on January 04, 2015, 03:29:19 PM
Happy New Year ya bunch of googans ;) 8)

DAN!  Great to see you on here Boss!  Happy New Year to you also!  :)
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

MASSfisher

Nice calico!

I still need to get my new license