News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

*SOLD*Penn Mag Power 980 WITH original box and accessories

Started by xjchad, December 04, 2017, 03:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xjchad

I picked this beauty up awhile back, wanting to collect them. 
I've realized that I don't have the space to be much of a collector right now  ;D
This one is in too nice of shape for me to fish it so I thought I'd offer it up to you guys here before I post it anywhere else.
This 980 is in great condition and comes with the original box, cloth bag, literature, Penn oil, and tool.
Make me some offers, I want it to go to a good home.

Latimeria

Give me a general idea of what $$$ you are thinking of?
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

xjchad

Pinoyfisher

Ahh, I got the 960 and 970. Still haven't used mine yet.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

xjchad

Quote from: BackBayMan on December 06, 2017, 10:02:01 AM
Throw some 80lb braid on it, no top shot, dial it in and keep it around just in case you get a surprise audit by the TaxMan ;D

I already have a 990 (big brother) set up that way.  Love it!  Don't really need the 980.

Pinoyfisher

Quote from: BackBayMan on December 06, 2017, 10:02:01 AM
Throw some 80lb braid on it, no top shot, dial it in and keep it around just in case you get a surprise audit by the TaxMan ;D

I don't think that reel can handle one. I believe the pinion is still made of soft brass. 7gills and soups, no problem.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)