News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Crab Cakes

Started by WheresMyBeer, December 04, 2017, 11:26:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WheresMyBeer

Kinda winging the ingredient size but made these for the wifey tonight.

Bought a 1lb of snow crab (they are the smaller / thinner ones). Regret instantly but made due. The kings are sooooo much easier to harvest ugh.

crab meat pulled in a bowl
On the skillet - chopped fine, sweet red onion, orange bell pepper and quarter clove garlic for a bit in olive oil (5 min on med-high?) added some green onion for the last few minutes. Just wanted to sweat the flavor and still have some crunch.
Added to bowl with crab meat. Salt / Pepper to taste
Added Mayo (your choice but good squirt maybe 1/4 cup) and one egg.
Added half cup panko / half cup season bread crumbs (more of a guess since i just pour in till I get the right consistency.
Mix till it's easy to make cakes. Add more crumbs if too wet.
Lined baking sheet with foil and placed cakes on sheet.
Broiler setting for 8 min then flip for another 8 mins. until golden brown

Sauce was half cup Mayo (we use the Kraft olive oil mayo), 1 tbls ketchup, 1 tbls mustard, 1 tbls sweet relish, 1 tsp pickapepper sauce. whisk together.

Delight!!! Enjoy!

Made six, had two, wifey couldn't finish

Latimeria

Yumm!  I like the snow crab, but you are right.  The King crab is easier to de-shell.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

JerryDance

I never appreciated crab recipes before, but I don't know, this might change my mind. Great job, WheresMyBeer!