News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

3 Generations (12/16)

Started by Latimeria, December 19, 2017, 11:31:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

It was pretty windy and bumpy out on the big pond this saturday, so I took my Mom and Daughter out to the little pond to try and get in some trout fishing.

It was a late start for me, but an early one for my mom and daughter.  It was also supposed to rain, so I brought 2 garbage bags to cut out as ponchos if it did decide to rain.  lol

It was perfect trout weather out there!

A little cruise around the lake to see if I could meter any biomass of them.

We stop at all of the go to spots, but the girls have no patience.  I told them to leave the rods in the holder and I'll give them another one to cast and try to catch a trout on artificial bait, but nope.  They couldn't leave anything alone.  lol

Hannah was helping with the night crawlers.

It turned into a lot of trolling since they didn't like staying still for more than 10 minutes.

No bites and no fish.  Only saw one small trout caught and lost all day.  I did see a Game Warden at the ramp which is the first time in 5 years that I've seen one at Jennings and checking the licenses!

We spent 4 hours trolling and baiting different sections of the lake before calling it quits.  If anything, It was a fun time with family out on the water!

Talked to some guys up top that had limits in an hour last week and not a single bite this week.  Soon as I saw the trout plant schedule, I realized why.

Thanks for reading.

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Pinoyfisher

Sweet rig! Great day with some great ladies!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

xjchad

Sounds like a great day despite the lack of fish!
Great pictures Tom!

sasquatch

1morecast

That's awesome to get out with the family! They will be planting more trout again soon, you just got to time it right next time.  ;)
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)