News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Sighting at the IRS office

Started by Dark_Knight_9C1, December 23, 2017, 11:27:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark_Knight_9C1

Hit the OC IRS office this morning. Water was pretty calm, tide was incoming, water was clear and emerald color, and a few scattered patches of salad. Had the usual bait stealers at work.
Got there a little after 6:00 am and found someone already setting up. It was a man with a grey beard that I know I have seen before.  ::) He had a kid in the water swimming baits out. I couldn't quite see but it looked like there was something wrong with his ears.  ??? I wished him good luck and he wished me the same. I thought, it must be that time of year again. Merry Christmas!

-Keith

Dark_Knight_9C1

Ba Dum Ta!  Tough crowd... :o

Fact of the matter is the last sighting there for me was 11/24. JayRay and I had a dorsal fin cruising about 30 yards off the beach. It went past me, by JayRay, went a little further down the beach, attacked something (probably a batray), came back past JayRay, them submerged as it past in front of me. I waited patiently and the music started. It started heading straight out and just as I saw it's silhouette in a wave it spit the bait out.

Also I did see a shark fisherman with a beard who I've seen at the San Clemente pier. The guy is heavy duty and ready for a big one. I don't think he's on this forum. And he did have a teen age kid in swim trunks swimming his lines out.

Conditions at Capistrano beach are getting more rocky but I did manage a corbina today and a batray last time I went.
Interesting thing I've seen going out there in the mornings is a lobster fisherman setting cages close to shore there so there must be some good structure out there.

Well hopefully my number will come up soon and I'll actually land a grinner. After seeing Verns saga unfold I'm getting more and more anxious as to how much it's going to take to get there.

-Keith

spideyjg

Quote from: Dark_Knight_9C1 on December 23, 2017, 06:06:44 PM

Also I did see a shark fisherman with a beard who I've seen at the San Clemente pier. The guy is heavy duty and ready for a big one. I don't think he's on this forum. And he did have a teen age kid in swim trunks swimming his lines out.

Wait he is shark fishing where the Taxman can be and has a kid swimming his bait out?! WTF!

Darwin award in the making.

BackBayMan

Damn Dark Night, I wanted to hit it this AM but work called >:(

Best I could do was casting practice in the bay ;D
Anybody have an emergency beer?

BackBayMan

Quote from: Dark_Knight_9C1 on December 23, 2017, 06:06:44 PM

Fact of the matter is the last sighting there for me was 11/24. JayRay and I had a dorsal fin cruising about 30 yards off the beach. It went past me, by JayRay, went a little further down the beach, attacked something (probably a batray), came back past JayRay, them submerged as it past in front of me. I waited patiently and the music started. It started heading straight out and just as I saw it's silhouette in a wave it spit the bait out.

Conditions at Capistrano beach are getting more rocky but I did manage a corbina today and a batray last time I went.
Interesting thing I've seen going out there in the mornings is a lobster fisherman setting cages close to shore there so there must be some good structure out there.

Well hopefully my number will come up soon and I'll actually land a grinner. After seeing Verns saga unfold I'm getting more and more anxious as to how much it's going to take to get there.

-Keith

He's on this forum and a pretty cool guy too. He puts more time in on the water than anybody I know 8)
Anybody have an emergency beer?

Latimeria

You can't catch them from your computer chair.