News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

BIG OL'NADA FISH

Started by FISH86R, December 29, 2017, 01:20:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FISH86R

Shot out to South OC yesterday.. Got out there at low tide to fish the incoming tide on a spot I've been perving on on some surf cams and goggle earth.. There hasn't been a single surfer there for a month and of course the day I show up there's 20 of them out there bobbing and the water was merky.. So I walked over to the jetty (freaken hate fishing piers and jetties) didn't get a bright or nibble till the tide came in then I got a few nibbles but nothing big enough for there mouth to fit over my hook and didn't want to rig smaller since I watched a 4' Leo swim by and give me the middle finger..

Verdict is: skunked by pride...
                                      Will be back to settle the score..

xjchad

Keep at it!  Finding new spots on your own is hard, but rewarding  8)

BackBayMan

Anybody have an emergency beer?

FISH86R

Quote from: xjchad on December 29, 2017, 01:23:15 PM
Keep at it!  Finding new spots on your own is hard, but rewarding  8)
Ya.. With every new spot there's always a code to be cracked.. It's all about finding what works through all the b's that doesn't work.. I'm thinking for the most part it was just one of those days I showed up on a weird shift that sent the bait running or something cause I didn't see a single person hook up on anything..

vdisney

Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect