News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Goose egged..

Started by FISH86R, January 21, 2018, 09:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FISH86R

Shot out again to the south OC yesterday hoping to settle a score with a leopard that flipped me off a while back.. Got out there pretty early hoping to beat the suffers.. Parked to a stroll out to take a gander only one surfer.. So I shot back to the car to grab my gear and by the time I got back there were literally 10 surfers.. They freaken multiplied in the water like freaken grimlins dude!! So I just set up next to them for a while thinking I was in the spot I wanted to be in.. An offshore wind picked up so I decided to head out to the end of the jetty to float a balloon rig out since there was nobody out there.. Sure enough I go to grab big Bertha and head out sure enough a group of people got there before me so whatevs.. I went ahead aimed thee ol' surf rod at some rocks and hoped for the best resulting in a while lotta nada.. My uncle did land a nice sea turtle checking one off the endangered species list.. He was released unharmed though.. Beautiful day knew the odds were stacked against me but a bad day of fishing beats a good day of anything else man..

FISH86R

When the tide went out I did realize I wasn't in the spot I wanted to be in when I was I the shore either.. Fun times..

vdisney

Quote from: FISH86R on January 21, 2018, 09:09:53 PMa bad day of fishing beats a good day of anything else man..

Correct you are   ;D
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

FISH86R

Correct you are   ;D
[/quote]

I heard it was rocking and rolling for you guys up there man.. 15' break??

Latimeria

You got out and gave it a shot, more than i can say for a lot of anglers.  Besides, catching a sea turtle is pretty unique!  That's one trip you and your uncle won't soon forget about!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

FISH86R

Quote from: Latimeria on January 22, 2018, 06:53:23 AM
You got out and gave it a shot, more than i can say for a lot of anglers.  Besides, catching a sea turtle is pretty unique!  That's one trip you and your uncle won't soon forget about!

I got a 1 month old baby man.. I don't got time to be a premadonna about fishing.. When I get the time I gotta go.. I seen you guys had a decent little secession though that's ill.. The harbor behind me was packed full of seals and dolphins so I figured I'd rather not join in on the protected species brigade..

BackBayMan

It's all time on the sand 8)
Anybody have an emergency beer?