News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Mission Bay Bat Rays (1/24)

Started by Latimeria, January 24, 2018, 06:07:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

They are the big ones and all over the place!!!!!

Unfortunately, Squatch and I weren't fishing where they were swimming. Steve and I hit one of the usual fire pit spots and set out some lines.  Thanks to my rod bells, I heard the little bastard bait stealers and finally got a spottie on a mackerel chunk.  Otherwise it was pretty ass dead where we were fishing.  Good thing we had a pretty damn nice fire as it was windy as hell and cold.

Bay is dead... Surf is dead...  I can't wait for things to wake back up around here!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Pinoyfisher

Damn! I was hoping you guys got into some and start the trend of actually catching something.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

BackBayMan

The Curse Continues.

BWAAAAHAAAAHAAAA ;D
Anybody have an emergency beer?

1morecast

Dang, when are the bats and sharks going to show up again!?
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)

vdisney

We also gave it a shot last night, Andre got broke off by a monster.  Me.............not a bump.  Hopefully he will chime in with pictures of his rig.  It was brutal cold to boot    :(
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Pinoyfisher

Quote from: vdisney on January 25, 2018, 05:49:15 AM
We also gave it a shot last night, Andre got broke off by a monster.  Me.............not a bump.  Hopefully he will chime in with pictures of his rig.  It was brutal cold to boot    :(

He gave me a snippet of what happened. Would like to hear more!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

1morecast

Quote from: vdisney on January 25, 2018, 05:49:15 AM

Man, LA is on fire with the sharks and rays.! I guess I won't be seeing Andre down here anytime soon.  ;)
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)