News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Strike Out Again 1/9/15

Started by SevengillTheVC, January 10, 2015, 11:04:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SevengillTheVC

Although conditions were not ideal yesterday we decided to head to the grounds. 3-4ft surf with the occasional 5-6ft pounder rolling through, hellish eel grass, and a ripping southwestern current, Peak high was at 12:30AM, we arrived at 6:30 PM. Eel Grass, Eel Grass, and more eel grass, I did manage a baby kitty on the light rod but other than that it was dead as dead can be. Decided to relocate and do some harbor mud marlining at about 12:00AM. It was also dead in the harbor, but at 1:30AM my buddy gets the screamer that would lead to buoy heartbreak, and it looked like a quality Bat too. Fished the deadness till about 3:00AM. A long day with not very many fish, still a nice night to be out.

sasquatch

That's a pretty long night. Hate the eel grass. Eels too for that matter.

vdisney

Gotta give you an "A" for effort......................Verne
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

Wow!  that was one hell of a sesh!  Friggand eel grass sucks nuts... and bay buoys also!  >:(

Well damn, that was one hell of an effort.  I agree with Verne... A+ for that type of effort!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.