News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

First fish of 2018!

Started by 1morecast, February 18, 2018, 12:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1morecast

I got an invitation by Ben to fish with him and his buddies from out of town. We went to the spot that is know to hold bone fish. I wanted to get the bone fish off my bucket list and break by 2018 skunk streak. We got to the spot by 7am for the incoming tide. I was a little concerned to see a big dredger in the canal when I arrived. The water was a little more murky then usual, but we seemed to be far enough away from the dredger that it didn't shut down the bite. It seemed that all I was getting were yellow fin croaker and small spotties while Ben and his buddies where hooking up with bone fish right next to me.  :-[

I had a small window to fish, but right before I had to go I got the right kind.  (That's Ben photo bombing my trophy shot)

I was using a light trout rod which made the fight fun, the bone fish made a couple of nice runs when I got him near shore.

Now on to the big boys in the surf. 
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)

BackBayMan

Anybody have an emergency beer?

sasquatch

"Far enough from the dredger it didn't shut down the bite" hahahaha.

Pinoyfisher

Nice Binh! I still need to get one as well.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Latimeria

Well damn... I've never caught a bonefish THAT size.  Mine have all been 16"-21" so that will make KenT super jealous!

Nicely done boss.  Bonefish are super fun no matter what the size!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

vdisney

Quote from: Latimeria on February 18, 2018, 08:05:43 PM
Well damn... I've never caught a bonefish THAT size

Me neither....................wait a minute, I've never caught one period   ;D
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

xjchad

Congrats on the new species Binh!  Cool looking fish!

BenCantrell

Congrats on the lifer bonefish, and don't you dare think of ever photoshopping me out of that photo.  ;D