News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Sunday Night Fishing 2/18/18

Started by 1morecast, February 19, 2018, 10:47:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1morecast

Since I had Monday off and the tides where right, I thought I would get a surf fishing session in. Mikey was feeling under the weather so it was a solo session for me. I get to the spot by 7:30pm and the high was scheduled for 11:30ish. As soon as my first bait hits the water I get critter bites right away. It was bugs for sure, some of the bites had me thinking shark a couple of times. Within 5-10 minutes my baits would look like this.

This is a hollowed out mac head after a ten minute soak.

I decided to move 30 yards south of the critters which helped a little bit, my baits seemed to last 20 minutes before getting picked clean. It started sprinkling around 10pm, but as long as there wasn't lightning I was going to fish until I ran out of bait. I get a nice pull down that pulled some drag, but as soon as I set the hook it felt light. I reel in this bait thief to get a little redemption.

I would guess he was about 16" in length. He went back to catch another day.

On my last bait I get a little pull down, but it turned out to be this medium size guitar fish

So, things are starting to look up for my catch ratio for 2018. Hopefully, I can get something to post on the shark board soon. Mikey be scared, be very scared.  ;D
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)

BackBayMan

Nice job on the Calico and Mr. Wiggles.

Hang in there, Spring is coming ;D
Anybody have an emergency beer?

spideyjg

Haven't seen tractors in a while. Nice session!

BenCantrell

Quote from: spideyjg on February 19, 2018, 12:58:21 PM

Yeah I was thinking the same thing.

vdisney

Quote from: spideyjg on February 19, 2018, 12:58:21 PM

They drove Denny, Tony and me crazy last night.  We ran out of squid by 8:30   :(
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

Nice Binh.  BTW, how many sharks are you at? I don't think you are at double digits yet but must be close.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

1morecast

Quote from: Latimeria on February 19, 2018, 05:10:02 PM
Nice Binh.  BTW, how many sharks are you at? I don't think you are at double digits yet but must be close.

I have one more then Mike.  ;)

Seriously, I think I'm at 10 or 11.
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)

Pinoyfisher

Decent sesh Binh! I wish I could have taken advantage of the favorable tides, but this flu has kicked me in arse! On a positive note, I think I lost some weight  ;)

Damn Chip, that's savage!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

WheresMyBeer

Nice Binh!! Way to get out there.

Chip is a pen!s wart.