News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Tuesday Anniversary (4/24)

Started by Latimeria, April 25, 2018, 07:37:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

Well, my wife reminded me it was our 14th anniversary and I was thinking... Well, it's Tuesday?  Hahahaha. In any case, she knew the routine and changed the date night.

We hit up one of the rotation spots and found mixed bags of basketball sized clumps of grass.  Steve was the first to strike with a nice 4+ foot leopard.

We had mostly lobster bites before I finall got the right bump.  As I was fighting him in, a person pops from the darkness that I haven't seen in a while.  Ray!  He helped out with the landing and pics (Thanks Boss) before heading back to check on his rods.  In the meantime, it was a nice male Sevengill, 83", Male Mackerel, Outgoing, Waxing Gibbous, 2-3 foot.

Steve finally gets a big Sevengill run and fights it for a while before it snapping his shock leader.  Damn.....  Squatch could have used that one.   ;D

Well, that was it,  We called it quits and both had shots at the list, but one got lucky!  hahaha

Thanks for reading

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Pinoyfisher

My favorite part is where Steve lost his...  ;) That is a hefty looking 7gill. The pressure is on if Ray starts posting again!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

xjchad

Well my wife let me fish all day for Bat Fight on our anniversary  :P
Nice fish guys!

sasquatch

Good to see Ray.

If you keep rooting against me, Mike, I mght take it personally.

vdisney

Right on Tom, it doesn't seem that long ago you hit the big 50.  At this rate 60 is just around the corner.  Screw Mike, I'm bummed Steve lost his   ;D ;D
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

sasquatch

Quote from: vdisney on April 25, 2018, 09:57:04 PM
  Screw Mike, I'm bummed Steve lost his   ;D ;D

That's what I like to hear.

Latimeria

Quote from: sasquatch on April 26, 2018, 05:07:06 AM
Quote from: vdisney on April 25, 2018, 09:57:04 PM
  Screw Mike, I'm bummed Steve lost his   ;D ;D

That's what I like to hear.

He only got one, but could have caught 6 more!  That would have shortened the lead for you.  Good thing for you he missed so many.   ;D
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

1morecast

Congrats on the 7gill...Tom. I'm rooting for Steve, since he's the only one with a legit chance of catching Tom.  ;D
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)

lightline21

Quote from: Latimeria on April 25, 2018, 07:37:58 PM
Well, my wife reminded me it was our 14th anniversary

Here's a belated Anniversary shout out to you and your wife. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!  :)

Sharkinthedark II

Quote from: sasquatch on April 25, 2018, 09:36:53 PM
Good to see Ray.

If you keep rooting against me, Mike, I mght take it personally.
Sasquatch escalates the violence ... I've seen the commercials  ;D

BackBayMan

There are two kinds of people, those who fish with Sasquatch and those who run from Sasquatch ;D
Anybody have an emergency beer?

Treecatcher

Those are some nice size predators! Great job on the hook ups!

HalibutJoel99

Nicely done guys! Seems its picking up! That south swell is kicking in!  8)