News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Summertime Catfish Contest - 2018

Started by Latimeria, May 30, 2018, 06:37:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

OK, this is a little different than any other contest I've thrown up here.  It's a straight up catfish throw-down.  Rules are super simple and prize(s) will be awarded at the end.  (Prizes are not acquired yet, but there will be some cool SWAG to give as a prize)

Rules

Memorial Day to Labor Day - Ends September 3rd, 2018

- Catch from a Boat, Pier, Shore, or anything that floats

- Heaviest Fish wins (Weight) but still want tape shot if available (so bring your scale or use the one at the local lakes ranger stations)

- Does NOT have to be CPR.  These are mostly stocked fish and a catfish fry is encouraged, although we totally support if you are CPR here.

- Any Catfish Counts - Channel Cat, Blue Cat, Flathead Cat, Brown Bullhead, Yellow Bullhead etc.

- You have to catch the fish... no hand offs to kids or wife and calling it your own if you didn't reel it in.

- P-Soul members and mods are the only ones eligible for this contest, so if you are not a member, be sure to join up and at least post a "hello" message in the general forum. 

- Pictures are mandatory to be counted.

Simple.  Just make sure you have a tape measure, scale and camera for the picture shot's and we have a freshwater game going!

Leader and WINNER -  10lb 3oz  - EricH
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

xjchad

Nice!  Now I just need to find a place around here that has catfish!

BackBayMan

Anybody have an emergency beer?

Latimeria

Quote from: BackBayMan on May 30, 2018, 08:21:21 AM
Catfish?
Spideyjg will be stoked!  lol

It's just a summertime filler that is fun. 

spideyjg

Quote from: Latimeria on May 30, 2018, 08:27:43 AM
Quote from: BackBayMan on May 30, 2018, 08:21:21 AM
Catfish?
Spideyjg will be stoked!  lol

It's just a summertime filler that is fun.

Yer killing me with the boat still undone. This misty weather is a pain. At least had 2 decent days to paint the interior hull.

raychavez91

JayRay

Does it have to be caught in California? I will be in the catfishy waters of North Texas in July.
#MAGA

lightline21

Time for a trip to the IV, to catch some channels and flats!

spideyjg

Quote from: lightline21 on May 30, 2018, 02:36:22 PM
Time for a trip to the IV, to catch some channels and flats!

I think a Blue is what will take this. If I can't get the boat running I'll have to get drastic.

Jim

Latimeria

Quote from: JayRay on May 30, 2018, 12:56:16 PM
Does it have to be caught in California? I will be in the catfishy waters of North Texas in July.
I think this should be limited to California and the Colorado River, but let's have other members chime in.

xjchad

I don't know. I think I mostly agree with Tom.
(And not just because I'm jealous JayRay  ;) )

Eric H

Eric H

This is an easy win.

Latimeria

Quote from: Eric H on May 30, 2018, 08:04:24 PM
Quote from: raychavez91 on May 30, 2018, 09:55:31 AM
;)

No poaching my spot

Ray already texted me that him and his buds are going to be setting up an antennae array in your spot to c*ck block you from the prime locations.   ;D