News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

corvina, needlefish, and bonito in south bay

Started by BenCantrell, July 01, 2018, 07:15:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BenCantrell

Two weekends ago I did some trolling in south bay down near J Street.  I ran two rods, one with a Rapala Xrap 10 Silver, which caught all the fish, and the other rotating out several different lures, none of which got touched.  It was one of my best trolling sessions to date, and needless to say I have a new favorite lure.

Corvina #1.

Corvina #2.

California needlefish, new species for my lifelist.

Bonito, which was a surprise considering how far back in the bay I was.

Binh and I tried to go out and repeat the success last weekend, but the wind scared us off after less than a half hour on the water.  It was pretty bad.  We'll give it another try soon though I'm sure.

vdisney

Quote from: BenCantrell on July 01, 2018, 07:15:34 PM
California needlefish, new species for my lifelist.

That one is on my bucket list also Ben, congrats
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

Great spot down there for corvina (Bonefish too).  I've caught some big bonito back there, so it's not all that uncommon.

Great fishing you had there these past few weeks.  My fishing luck seemed to dry up this year.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Pinoyfisher

Keep fishing the area and you may hook a jack or trigger.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)