News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Exploratory Trip (09/27/18)

Started by Pinoyfisher, September 27, 2018, 05:27:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinoyfisher

Needed to get out the house. Was also curious how the surf was looking and if it was time to start targeting grinners. On the sand my 9pm. In-coming high was at 10:45pm, so, I had 2 solid hours of tidal movement.

Water cooled a bit, but I couldn't tell if it cooled enough. Conditions were pretty sweet. Reeled random pieces of kelp, but not noticeable during the retrieve. Surf was an easy 2-3', A long trough right at the first breakers stirred things up. Current very nice. My baits (mackerel) were either picked clean or I reeled in bare hooks. Lobsters were voracious last night.  But that was all she wrote. Stayed 'til 11:45pm. Things are looking up...   

Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

sasquatch

Latimeria

I caught tons of Spanish macks today along with a bunch of other critters.
Thanks Mike for the update!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

xjchad

Glad you got out Mike!
I was planning to go tomorrow, but I'll be replacing a blown water pump instead. When it rains, it pours....

vdisney

Quote from: xjchad on September 27, 2018, 07:17:19 PMI was planning to go tomorrow, but I'll be replacing a blown water pump instead.

Awww, you know working on cars is much more fun than fishing   ;D
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

xjchad

Quote from: vdisney on September 28, 2018, 03:54:35 AM
Quote from: xjchad on September 27, 2018, 07:17:19 PMI was planning to go tomorrow, but I'll be replacing a blown water pump instead.

Awww, you know working on cars is much more fun than fishing   ;D

LOL, if I could afford to take it to a mechanic, I would.  I used to love working on cars, but now it's a pain (literally).
I'm thankful that I'm able to, but sometimes I wish I didn't know how  ;D