News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Minus One's to Mini Seven's (7/22)

Started by Latimeria, July 25, 2014, 07:03:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

I knew the beaches were going to be crowded, but a wind event was supposed to happen so I didn't take the boat to work with me.  Figures, the weathermen were wrong once again....

Steve and I had to do some walking to find anywhere to fish when we first got down to the beach.  It quickly became a shovelnose fest, but at least they were some half way decent ones that put up a decent fight.

The other cool thing was we saw a bunch of bat rays and leopard sharks feeding in the surf.  It was frustrating watching them swim around out baits and not take them.

We moved down to where we originally  were going to fish to find a swarm of surfing and spear fishing groms.  It took a while for things to clear out, but when it did, the fishing got good.

The shovelnose were not here thankfully, but we had some decent action for only a real few hours of fishing.

I farmed a nice fish which most likely was a bat ray from all of the line he was stripping.  I finally get on the board with a 3+ foot leopard.

Steve one upped me with a bigger model leopard with a spaghetti tag! Leopard shark #83 at 54" long.  He submitted the data online.

He then had another quick hit which turned out to be a nasty little 7-Gill!  This thing had some attitude!

It turned out to be a nice night and I still took the trophy since Squatch zeroed himself out with some minus one fish... the dreaded Thorny Back Ray....  oh wait... that may have been me that zeroed out.  :-[
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

That was a pretty good night overall. It was a little tough to find real estate for sure. Wonder what might have happened if we had stayed put?

faster u fool

GET OUT AND GET BIT..

sasquatch

Yeah, Chris, the leopard had a tag. I cut it off due to the open sore on the fin where the tag was attached. Hopefully it will heal. I reported the capture online but have heard nothing back.

Pinoyfisher

Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

sasquatch

Pinoyfisher

Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

faster u fool

killer pics as usual Tom..  I have got to give that a try sometime..
GET OUT AND GET BIT..