News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Feeling guilty for not posting..

Started by FISH86R, October 21, 2018, 10:36:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FISH86R

3 weeks ago...
About 4'6"
Spring high tide
2 to 3' surf
On skipjack

2 weeks ago..
The fisherman in me is going with 6' (I know I know it's hard when you don't have a camera man)
Bottomed out tide
2 to 3' surf
Half moon (don't know technical term)
skipjack

Last night..
About 4'
Out going tide
Around 4 to 5' surf
3/4 moon
skipjack

Had a whole lot of pull downs and short strikes so they're definitely out there... It's just looking like it's finally my time to get a piece..

FISH86R

Really wish I knew how to resize pictures on here..

sasquatch

When you select your picture to post, before you copy the url, go down to the bottom of the list of url types and select a size from the box. I think I use very large thumbnail.  You can preview the post before you post it to check.

FISH86R

Quote from: sasquatch on October 21, 2018, 11:13:48 AM
When you select your picture to post, before you copy the url, go down to the bottom of the list of url types and select a size from the box. I think I use very large thumbnail.  You can preview the post before you post it to check.

Which site do you use??

sasquatch

Your pics were on Imgur. Thats what I was refering to. Desktop. Never tried on a phone.

sasquatch

Used large thumbnail for these.

This one is huge thumbnail.

Nice fish by the way.

FISH86R

Ya.. I think I need to get on my laptop and check it out.. And thank you.. I've been on this mission for about a year and a half and just barely been able to put enough pieces of the puzzle together to get something on the sand..

sasquatch

Well, keep at it. The more you go, the more you learn, and the more questions come to you.

Getting a tackle system that works for you, rigs, rod and reel, first is helpful. I took awhile to settle on what I have. Mostly by tweaking after failures. I'm pretty confident in my set up, but always open to try something if it makes sense to me.

Finding a spot that produces is good, at first I had one go to spot. Then it was weeded out and I had to try another. It worked too. Next I tried other areas that had similar conditions. They worked. I have just as many places that should work, but I haven't tried yet. This results in the whole where do I fish tonight problem, combined with the what if the hot bite is over there problem while you watch your rods just standing there.

Anyway, good luck.

FISH86R

Latimeria

Excellent!
Hmmm... Skipjack... I have a bunch that froze for bait and good to know it's been a hot bait as of late. I'll get your name on the Sharklist!

Right on boss!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

FISH86R

Quote from: Latimeria on October 22, 2018, 05:39:46 AM
Excellent!
Hmmm... Skipjack... I have a bunch that froze for bait and good to know it's been a hot bait as of late. I'll get your name on the Sharklist!

Right on boss!

It's more like crack than bait.. Keep with your rod..

lightline21

1morecast

Dang, that's what I call a shot gun post. One post with multiple sharks. I need to get a couple more sharks on the board to break into the 20's before the end of 2018. Time to get to work! ;)
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)

FISH86R

Quote from: 1morecast on October 22, 2018, 02:36:52 PM
Dang, that's what I call a shot gun post. One post with multiple sharks. I need to get a couple more sharks on the board to break into the 20's before the end of 2018. Time to get to work! ;)

https://youtu.be/_IGhyPB0NAw/quote]

Latimeria

Quote from: 1morecast on October 22, 2018, 02:36:52 PM
I need to get a couple more sharks on the board to break into the 20's before the end of 2018

That's just reality setting in....

;D ;D ;) ;D ;D
You can't catch them from your computer chair.