News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Back On Schedule 10/23/18

Started by sasquatch, October 24, 2018, 10:44:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sasquatch

Back to the usual times, places, and people. Finally. Been awhile. Have to train a new bartender.

Grabbed a couple beers to discuss the nights plans. Beach scouting report pointed to a favorable looking beach and we headed over.

Hit the sand and got set up just as the surfers were heading out. Tom had a fun conversation with one guy regarding our target species.

Baits in and Tom is nervous. Left his license in the car. For the sake of peace of mind, he made the trudge to go get it. Apparently his workout regimen needs work. I'm not one to talk on that subject.

First bait in and I get a bite. Comes back a hollow shell of its former self.

Put out a second and before long I have a screamer. Nice.

Pretty decent fight gets me the fish of the night.

Bait up, cast out and start passing the time listening to Tom tell some good stories. I start to get nervous that I should check my bait, start to interrupt, and it's another screamer. Sweet. Kinda surprised to pull this guy up on the sand.

Well, after all the fast and furious action I was having right off the bat, we knew it was going to be a good night. It was, but not action packed. Tom pretty much watched lobsters eat his bait for almost the whole night.

Eventually, he got a real bite and set the hook on a nice turd roller. Even I could feel how relieved he was to finally be on the board.

Weeds started showing up, not bad, but a pain when the bigger sets rolled through. Finally Tom gets one final fish to end the night.

Snagged it in the back, right next to the stinger. Challenging release to say the least.

It was nice to get back out on the sand.

Latimeria

It felt good to be back to our normal Tuesday nights.  It was great to hear your reel screaming a few times. I haven't heard my long rod scream in months.
Even that Soupie I caught over a week ago grabbed the bait with the rod in my hands.
Good times!

Mike, were you really out?  I kept an eye on lights all up and down the beach and only possibly saw one WAAAAAY in the distance.  In any case, It's onlya matter of time before the action picks up.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

xjchad

Glad to see a Tuesday report again, especially a successful one!
That's a fat cat Steve!

FISH86R

DAMN!!! That's a big  ol'leopard!!

spideyjg

She must have been knocked up.

Jim

vdisney

That's a huge leo Steve, been too long since I've caught one.  Never seen your legs before   ;D
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Pinoyfisher

Quote from: Latimeria on October 24, 2018, 12:51:44 PM
It felt good to be back to our normal Tuesday nights.  It was great to hear your reel screaming a few times. I haven't heard my long rod scream in months.
Even that Soupie I caught over a week ago grabbed the bait with the rod in my hands.
Good times!

Mike, were you really out?  I kept an eye on lights all up and down the beach and only possibly saw one WAAAAAY in the distance.  In any case, It's onlya matter of time before the action picks up.

I was out. No luck for me, just picked clean baits. Surf was pumpin in my location. Saw your guy's trucks, so I gave you space. Should've went with my gut and tried the spot I recently lost 2 soups. Last night was more of a scouting mission for our normal Thursday sesh since Dre will be joining us. Surf is up!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

1morecast

Aahhh, the sound of a screaming clicker. I haven't heard that sound in a while.  ;)
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)

lightline21