News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Got my 1st

Started by vdisney, November 25, 2018, 09:28:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vdisney

Had an old fishing buddy in from out of town, he asked if we could go chase the sevengills.  Of course I had to say yes, so off we went.  Armed with some advice from Sasquatch (thank you Steve) I used bonito for bait.  It seemed to do the trick, finally caught my first soupfin.  We had one more hook up, definitely a sevengill but it came off after a short fight.  Minus tide to the incoming.................68" female

Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

FISH86R

Sick.. That's such a dope picture too...

Pinoyfisher

Looks like some epic shore pound right behind you Verne!! How'd your first soupie feel? Live up to what you were expecting? Oh yeah, congrats!!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

sasquatch

vdisney

Quote from: Pinoyfisher on November 26, 2018, 01:05:25 AM
Looks like some epic shore pound right behind you Verne!! How'd your first soupie feel? Live up to what you were expecting? Oh yeah, congrats!!

I was stoked when I realized it was a soupfin, I had never even seen one in person before.  What it lacked in body mass it more than made up for in fight.
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

Quote from: vdisney on November 26, 2018, 04:53:58 AM
Quote from: Pinoyfisher on November 26, 2018, 01:05:25 AM

I was stoked when I realized it was a soupfin, I had never even seen one in person before.  What it lacked in body mass it more than made up for it in fight.

No kidding, those soupies are quite a handful especially for their size!

Congrats Verne!  You are no longer in a tie for last on the list!  LOL
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

xjchad

Congratulations Verne!  I'm stoked for you man!!  8)

1morecast

2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)

lamnidae

Kam_Walsh98

guess conditions up there are a lot better! hopefully things will calm down over here soon. great catch and congrats on the first tope shark

Latimeria

I'll try to get the list updated tonight, Verne!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

BenCantrell