News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Midday Batting whaaaaa??? 1/31/15

Started by WheresMyBeer, January 31, 2015, 08:52:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WheresMyBeer

Quick report

Had a few hours to kill around lunchtime and my choices were 1) cleaning the garage ... or 2) going fishing.  :D

Got down to Mission Bay around 11:30 and started pulling gear from the car - forgot the damn rod holders ..  >:( >:(

Rigged up, tossed out, non-stop action for the next two hours. 9 good drag rips .. 5 landed and 4 lost (2 dropped baits and 2 lost to the buoys). The 2 buoy fish were the big ones of the day too. Damn  >:( >:( >:(

Final tally 4 bats and 1 small butter. Took pics of the first 3 before phone crapped out. Y'all know what bats look like anyway ...  ;) ;)

I will say I was surprised at the midday action on the falling tide. Always thought happy hour was best time to fish, but this rivaled anything I've fished in the past few years.

Glad the garage is still a mess.  ;D 8) 8) 8)

Tight Lines!

WMB

SevengillTheVC

The mud marlins in the bays and harbors are creatures of habit. Doesn't matter what time it is, you just have to have water movement, out or in. Nice job, with the shark skunks recently it looks like I need to practice to represent team VC in the next SNBF!

Pinoyfisher

Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Eric H

sasquatch

j.rasta

Alright leave em alone already ;) gotta save a few donkeys for 3/7 B) Nice work dodging the honey do list and gettin some stickin in on some good ones!

vdisney

Quote from: WheresMyBeer on January 31, 2015, 08:52:19 PM
Had a few hours to kill around lunchtime and my choices were 1) cleaning the garage ... or 2) going fishing.
WMB

Now there's a tough choice  8)
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Jaws

It's all Tom and Don's fault! They "hooked" me on mud marlins and sharks!

SNBF VI  Winner

Latimeria

Sweet, but when we get closer to the Bat Fight... don't pull a Donfish!  LOL
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

BackBayMan

I've never seen bats go off like that mid-day!
Anybody have an emergency beer?

WheresMyBeer

Quote from: Latimeria on February 01, 2015, 07:53:44 PM
Sweet, but when we get closer to the Bat Fight... don't pull a Donfish!  LOL

LOL ... Catch em all the day before!!!  :o :o ;D ;D ;D

WheresMyBeer

Quote from: BackBayMan on February 02, 2015, 06:43:23 AM
I've never seen bats go off like that mid-day!

Me either ... that was like some of my best evening sessions.

Guess I should pay more attention to the Solunar Tables ... lol ...